`Negative' Election of 401(k) Plans Raises Legal Concerns
- Most workers not using 401(k) to fullest effect. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;5/06/96, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p17
Reports that the 401(K) retirement plan was created to give employees a way of building retirement. Problems faced include that most rank-and-file workers are unfamiliar with the whole notion; Comments from Harold Loeb, a principal with Buck Consultants Incorporated, an employee benefits...
- 401(k) participation plateus despite enhancements: Study. Hoffman, Mark A. // Business Insurance;10/21/96, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p1
Presents information on a survey conducted by Buck Consultants Incorporated, relating to the participation of employees in 401(k) retirement plans. Importance of educating employees about retirement plans; Statistical information on participation and preferences of employees.
- Five tips for successful 401(k) participation. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p39
Provides tips for a successful 401(k) employee benefit plan participation. Priorities in participating; Inclusion of investment options in the plan; Percentage of preretirement income needed to be replaced during each year of retirement.
- VIAs Are Great Senior Market Products, But Keep Them Simple. O'Sullivan, John // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/28/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on a combination fixed and variable income annuity for employees who are retiring with defined contribution money, usually in a 401 (k) in the United States. Issues confronting the individuals who are retiring; Views on the role of income annuity in lives of such employees.
- Gender, Race, Class Impact 401(k) Participation. Abramovich, Giselle // Money Management Executive;11/7/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p8
Discusses the factors that affect the participation of workers on the employment-based retirement plans in the U.S. Effect of the demographic elements on the retirees' engagement on the 401(K) plans; Comparison of the percentage rate on the employees participation in 2002 and 2004; Detail of the...
- Financial education helps employees, employers. Synder, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p32
Focuses on the importance of investment and retirement planning education of employees on 401 (k) plans in the U.S. Reasons of employers on investment education in fiduciary liability; Percentage of employees using retirement planning advice; Need of employers and employees on advice.
- 401(k) Education: Planners Responding to Plan Participants' Calls for Help. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on the 401(k)-type retirement savings plan in the United States. Benefits of providing financial education to employees; Competition between this type of plan and fund companies; Comments from industry executives. INSET: Introducing the 401Kafe.
- Finding Its Place. Bliman, Nicole // Plan Adviser;Nov2011, p3
The article offers information the 2011 PLANSPONSOR DC Survey which focuses on U.S. employer adoption of Roth 401(k) retirement savings plan. The survey shows 9 percent of employees who have a Roth 401(k) option. The article discusses if Roth 401(k) is worth it for plan sponsors to include in...
- 401(k)ave-in. // American Prospect;10/21/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on political issues involved in the U.S. employee pension system. Condition of the employee pension system; Political leaders and legislators involved in the issue; Information on the national grass-roots campaign launched by the Campaign for America's Future, American Federation of...