`Negative' Election of 401(k) Plans Raises Legal Concerns
- Most workers not using 401(k) to fullest effect. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;5/06/96, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p17
Reports that the 401(K) retirement plan was created to give employees a way of building retirement. Problems faced include that most rank-and-file workers are unfamiliar with the whole notion; Comments from Harold Loeb, a principal with Buck Consultants Incorporated, an employee benefits...
- 401(k) participation plateus despite enhancements: Study. Hoffman, Mark A. // Business Insurance;10/21/96, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p1
Presents information on a survey conducted by Buck Consultants Incorporated, relating to the participation of employees in 401(k) retirement plans. Importance of educating employees about retirement plans; Statistical information on participation and preferences of employees.
- VIAs Are Great Senior Market Products, But Keep Them Simple. O'Sullivan, John // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/28/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on a combination fixed and variable income annuity for employees who are retiring with defined contribution money, usually in a 401 (k) in the United States. Issues confronting the individuals who are retiring; Views on the role of income annuity in lives of such employees.
- 401(k) Education: Planners Responding to Plan Participants' Calls for Help. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on the 401(k)-type retirement savings plan in the United States. Benefits of providing financial education to employees; Competition between this type of plan and fund companies; Comments from industry executives. INSET: Introducing the 401Kafe.
- Finding Its Place. Bliman, Nicole // Plan Adviser;Nov2011, p3
The article offers information the 2011 PLANSPONSOR DC Survey which focuses on U.S. employer adoption of Roth 401(k) retirement savings plan. The survey shows 9 percent of employees who have a Roth 401(k) option. The article discusses if Roth 401(k) is worth it for plan sponsors to include in...
- New wave of 401(k) litigation. Sulds, Jonathan L.; Rabin, Richard J. // Pensions & Investments;11/25/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p11
Reports that it is possible for employees in the U.S. to hold their employers accountable for any element of risk in their retirement plan due to regulations under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Use of questionable accounting practices and faulty business forecasts by employers;...
- Have you reviewed your 401(k) lately? JORDAN, CHRIS; ZUMBACH, RICHARD // Westchester County Business Journal;5/18/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p18
The article presents advice by the authors for employers who sponsor 401(k) plans in the U.S. The authors say that employers need to understand the day-to-day administration of the plans. According to them, the employers should remember that they are subject to standards of conduct under the...
- Five tips for successful 401(k) participation. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p39
Provides tips for a successful 401(k) employee benefit plan participation. Priorities in participating; Inclusion of investment options in the plan; Percentage of preretirement income needed to be replaced during each year of retirement.
- Gender, Race, Class Impact 401(k) Participation. Abramovich, Giselle // Money Management Executive;11/7/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p8
Discusses the factors that affect the participation of workers on the employment-based retirement plans in the U.S. Effect of the demographic elements on the retirees' engagement on the 401(K) plans; Comparison of the percentage rate on the employees participation in 2002 and 2004; Detail of the...