What to Do After an FMLA Leave
- Paid leave now due from day one. // Works Management;Nov2001, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the amendments on Working Time Regulations implemented among manufacturing employees in Great Britain. Guidelines for the annual leave compensation to the employees; Conflicts of the regulations with the Working Time Directives; Details of the provisions.
- CARER'S LEAVE ACT. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p57
Deals with passage of a legislation aimed at allowing employees to leave work so that they can take care of someone who needs full-time care and be assured of their employment when they return in Ireland.
- Paid leave worries employers. Moskal, Brian S. // Industry Week/IW;9/6/93, Vol. 242 Issue 17, p58B
Reports on the fear of employers that the federal Family & Medical Leave Act might result to more costly employee entitlement programs. Leave with pay; Concern about paying for health-care coverage; Concern about the number of employees taking leave; Offer of unpaid leave for the birth or...
- The Mailbag. Beachboard, Joseph L. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;May2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to labor laws including the potential violation for companied that would hire unpaid internships and employees' concerns regarding vacation time.
- Request for Time Off to "Work Things Out" Can Be a Request for FMLA Leave. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q1, p1
The article offers information on the Alaska Supreme Court case Anchorage v. Gregg, which highlights the burden placed on employers to identify the potential need for the Family and Medical Leave Act leave. Several impairments from which the plaintiff suffered are cited. Reasons at which the...
- IS YOUR VACATION POLICY LEGAL? Reynolds, Larry // Management Review;Jan93, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p11
Examines the legal aspects of vacation policies for employees in the United States. Landmark case that challenged long-time employment and personnel policies in the country; Provisions for employee vacation benefits under the U.S. labor law.
- HR Space. // Employers Law;Dec2009/Jan2010, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to human resources including the legality of a 10-consecutive-day annual leave implemented by an employer, the application of the Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment to redundancy terms, and what the stand of an employer is...
- COMMENTARY ON LABOUR LAWS / ISSUES. Suleman, Syed Waseem // Eastern Worker;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p24
The author discusses issues concerning labour laws in Pakistan. He presents questions regarding the annual leave encashment and other legal dues on pro rata basis in the country. In compliance with the provisions of Factories Act, an employee is entitled to the Annual Leave with full pay only...
- Manage work and play with formal policy on vacation leave. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Apr2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses benefits of having vacation policy in any organization. It is stated that the U.S. is the only industrialized nation with no minimum paid-leave law, but it is a fact that vacation lowers employee stress and prevents burnout and so it is good and productive for firms. It is...