Balancing Professional Performance and Personal Priorities
- Solve the dual-career challenge. Carter, Nancy // Workforce;Oct97 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 76, p21
Focuses on what companies can do to help dual-career couples. Factors that influence a relocation decision; Components of a espousal-assistance program; Value of international experience for dual couples.
- The balancing act--work and family. // CPA Journal;Jan1994, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p9
Presents tips for balancing work and family for the two wage-earner situation, from the fall 1993 issue of the newsletter `The PAGINGpress'. Flexible work week; Telecommuting; Using a paging device.
- Understanding Dual Career Couples. Parker, Marolyn; Peltier, Steven; Wolleat, Patricia // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Sep81, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p14
The increasing number of clients seeking to maintain a dual career life-style has increased the need for counselors to educate themselves to the unique set of concerns, needs, and characteristics particular to dual career partners and their families. This article presents an overview of the...
- Dual Career Marriages: Elements for Potential Success. Maples, Mary F. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Sep81, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p19
Dual career marriages are a new phenomenon in the alternative family life-style scene in America. Working couples in general do not fit into the definition applied to this life-style. This is caused by the deep commitment that each partner feels for his or her work relationship. However, the...
- Why shouldn't women have it all? Mason, Helen // New Scientist;9/14/91, Vol. 131 Issue 1786, p10
Focuses on the work-family dilemma faced by dual-career families. Children of working parents; Importance of research and interaction with students; Role of the husband.
- Till careers do us part. Morris, Michele // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p35
Reports on how some working couples make their marriages work. Creativity; Humor in marriage; Scheduling.
- Working harder, enjoying less. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/26/94, Vol. 33 Issue 52, p1
Reports on a study on the effect of dual-income couples on the family by the Georgia State University. Length of hours worked; Enjoyment of standard of living; Statistics in the United States.
- Reconciliation between work and family life in Europe. // Women's International Network News;Winter99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p61
Provides information on the 1998 Employment Guidelines adopted on December 15, 1997 which provides an overview on the issue of reconciliation between work and family life in Europe. Factor which is an integral part of democratic citizenship; Importance of the reconciliation between work and...
- We've Come a Long Way--Maybe. Schlass, Danielle // Working Mother;Jun2000, p20
Reports on the study conducted by Cornell University sociologist Penny Becker and colleagues of dual career professionals. Approaches to resolving work/family conflicts; Career changes for both sexes after marriage.