Use Common Sense When Providing Employees Internet Access
- How to monitor e-communication. // People Management;6/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p54
Suggests ways on how employers can monitor the electronic communication of employees. Effects of unregulated use of computers at work; Importance of an information technology (IT) code of conduct regulating the use of electronic mail and the Internet; How to design an IT code of conduct.
- Do You Live In The Internet's RUST BELT?. Babcock, Charles; Brown, Doug; Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p72
Discusses the so-called Internet's rust belt, where some jobs are being reduced by their automated Internet substitutes. Jobs that are expected to decline from 1998 to 2008; Jobs that are slated to grow rapidly from 1998 to 2008; Other effects of the movement to the Internet. INSETS: Local...
- TIME BANDITS. Braue, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;02/15/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6211, p80
Asserts that Australian employers willing to become open-minded about their employees' Web usage may find that it can actually improve their productivity by keeping them in the office longer. Chores which can be performed on the Internet; Abuses of the companies' Internet usage policies;...
- Employee misuse of Internet may threaten productivity. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p25
Observes that employee use of Internet for personal reasons during office hours is a threat to productivity. Management responsibility curb misuse of the Internet and ensure productivity.
- Tangling with TECHNOLOGY. O'BLENES, CAROLE // Management Review;Apr99, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p52
Offers a look at the effects of technology to employees and employers. Lawsuits arising from the use of Internet and Web sites; What employers need to do to safeguard company rights and reduce risk of litigation; Action plan.
- All Work, All the Time. Temple, Paul // Workforce (10928332);Sep2000, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p8
Deals with the impact of technology on the workforce. Benefits from the Internet; Excerpt from an essay by Langdon Winner about the hours of work of United States workers.
- CNN gives biz sites run for their 'Money' Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;3/3/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p65
The article discusses broadcasting business news over the Internet. Particular attention is given to the website CNNMoney.com. Jonathan Shar, senior vice president and general manager of the site, said that the ability to reach people in the workplace via the Internet is more effective than...
- IMPROVING WORKERS' PRODUCTIVITY AND REDUCING INTERNET ABUSE. Sharma, Sushil K.; Gupta, Jatinder N. D. // Journal of Computer Information Systems;Winter2003-2004, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p74
The Internet and e-mail have become common in today's working environment. Although such technology arguably has made employees more efficient and has improved communication, it also has surfaced new areas of concerns. Many employers have started monitoring their workers' abuse of the Internet....
- Slade's Ferry Bank's Technological Transformation. // Community Banker;Aug2005, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p51
Focuses on the installation of an Internet banking system and a cash management solution in Slade 's Ferry Bank in Somerset, Massachusetts in April 2004. Benefits of the technologies on the efficiency of bank employees; Number of customers who signed for the Internet banking system; Views of...
- CHALLENGES OF THE NEW TECHNOLOGIES AT THE WORKING PLACE. Vukobrat, Nada Bodiroga // Zbornik Pravnog Fakulteta Sveucilista u Rijeci;2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p63
The article discusses the challenges and impacts on the rise of communication technologies in workplaces. It mentions that some of the issues analyzed pertain to protecting the employee's self worth with their own data and the issues that concerns the employer's management and control on the...