Continual Learning: Racing Just to Keep Up
- The keys to shaping behavior. Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;Jan92, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p18
Presents strategies on shaping human behaviors in organization. Rewarding the desired behavior; Key to administering the reward; The use of punishment; Punishment as a reward; How the option of ignoring the behavior of a fellow is effective; Differentiating between system rewards and performance...
- Worker participation. // USA Today Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 125 Issue 2623, p2
Reports that according to Randy Hodson of Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, employee participation in decision-making may damage relations with co-workers.
- Friendly advice. Colino, Stacey // Working Mother;Apr99, p73
Offers advice on dealing with a highly competitive friend and co-worker. Quality of competitiveness; Pros and cons of confronting friend/co-worker about the situation.
- ...kissing your brother. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/22/97, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p18
Reports on the results of `Conde Nast Sports for Women' periodical's survey of its charter subscribers regarding competitiveness at work. Women's competitiveness at work.
- Getting Noticed at Work. Kamberg, Mary-Lane // Women in Business;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p22
Suggests tips for employees on how to impress their employers. Significance of tracking and reporting the job performance of an employee; Importance of communication in the workplace; Why flexibility is needed
- Defection of employees. Exten-Wright, Jonathan // Credit Control;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p11
Discusses the importance for employers to consider protecting their company's interest against the unwanted defection and possible competition by employees. Obligations of employees during employment; First principles on termination; Information on legitimate interest; Effect of wrongful...
- Has safety had a bum deal? Howard, Paul // Contract Journal;3/13/2002, Vol. 412 Issue 6368, p8
Investigates the opportunity to set the most suitable common standard of competence for plant operators in Great Britain. Effort of Major Contractors Group to meet the aims of its health and safety charter for a fully skilled and competent workforce on its sites by the end of 2003; Result of...
- Getting Your Work Noticed. Domeyer, Diane // OfficePro;Mar2000, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p5
Offers pieces of advice on how to get one's work noticed without seeming presumptuous. Significance of keeping a record of one's activities; One way to increase visibility at work; Importance of the quality and time of accomplishments.
- Aiming high from lowly beginnings. Rigby, Rhymer // Human Resources (09648380);Feb2010, p58
The article presents the author's insights about the need among the organizations to discover the long-term goal of the talented employees.