- Book Reviews. Lain, Amy // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p39
Reviews the book `Contented Cows Give Better Milk: The Plain Truth About Employee Relations and Your Bottom Line,' by Bill Catlette and Richard Hadden.
- Worth noting. Budman, Matthew // Across the Board;Sep98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p60
Reviews several books. `The Fortune Sellers: The Big Business of Buying and Selling Predictions,' by William A. Sherden; `The Job,' by Douglas Kennedy; `Contented Cows Give Better Milk: The Plain Truth About Employee Relations and Your Bottom Line,' by Bill Catlette and Richard Hadden.
- IN THE "NO" Torres, Nichole L. // Entrepreneur;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the advantages of having pessimistic employees in the workforce. Details of a study conducted at Central Michigan University indicating that pessimists tend to make safer choices with regard to gambling; Benefits of having an employee who plays the devil's advocate or sees potential...
- Hiring the Best. Milligan, Jack // Community Banker;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p66
Focuses on hiring employees in the banking sector in the U.S. Background on the book "Contented Cows Give Better Milk," by Bill Catlette and Richard Hadden; Factors that define employee contentment; Ways to create positive work experience for employees.
- Creative collaborations. Schwartz, Andrew E. // Executive Excellence;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p15
Discusses how to apply the win-win philosophy to business reality. Five approaches to negotiating; Guidelines of collaboration; Negotiating as a vital managerial skill; Negotiators' need to concern themselves with substantive issues and their continuing relationships with people.
- Types of vertical exchange relationships: An empirical re-examination of the cadre/hired-hand... Tanner Jr., John F.; Ridnour, Rick E.; Castleberry, Stephen B. // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Summer97, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p109
Re-examines the depiction of types of vertical exchange relationships. Use of a two-dimensional measure of quality of vertical exchange relationships; Measurement of the vertical exchange relationship quality; Influence of vertical exchange relationship types on performance and satisfaction.
- Employee relations. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p5
Provides information on employee related activities of the personnel department in Great Britain. Personnel professionals need for business skills; Counselling of Metropolitan Police Force; Approach of human resource management to privatized utilities; Jobs lost by fire fighters.
- Employee relations. // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p7
Presents reports on the business sector focusing on employee relations. Asda supermaket as `Scrooge employer of the year'; Number of management jobs in the health service which are expected to be lost over the next 12 months; Person who responded to the government proposals for streamlining...
- Employee relations. // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p7
Presents reports on employee relations in Great Britain. Effects of Trustee Savings Bank-Lloyds Bank merger to employees of the companies; Result of a survey on the attitudes of workers at Mercury towards trade unions; Support of trade unions to the principle of industrial action ballot.