Temp Firms Turn Up the Heat on Hiring
- Agencies have the jobs, but where are the workers? DeMizio, Stephanie // San Diego Business Journal;07/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p21
Discusses the challenges facing San Diego, California-based full-time placement agencies in finding experienced professionals to meet the needs of clients. Supply of qualified recruits; Areas that have shown great needs for employees; Need to keep the database built up; Remarks of officers from...
- Chicago's largest staffing firms. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p24
Presents graphs showing the largest staffing firms in Chicago as of March 2001. Basis for the ranking; Firms with the largest increase in billings; Number of full-time employees; Areas of company specialization.
- Opinions on Issues Concerning Labor Service Companies. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p31
Presents opinions on issues concerning labor service companies in China as of September 15, 1982. Functions of the labor service companies; Factors to be considered by labor service companies in guiding labor and employment; Purpose of having a reserve of labor force.
- Slovenia jobless rate down in June. // Regional Today;7/5/2013, p2
The article discusses data released on July 4, 2013 by the Employment Service indicating that registered unemployed in Slovenia decreased by 1.7 percent from May 2013 to 116,603 on June 30, 2013.
- boosting laborforce: COMPETITIVENES IN WAYNE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA. Bivins, Lawrence // Economic Development Journal;Summer2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p12
The article provides information on the efforts to boost laborforce in Wayne County, North Carolina. It states about Wayne County Development Alliance (WCDA), an organization which works to create jobs, industry recruitment and business retention strategies. It further states about the necessity...
- VACANCIES. // Labour Market Trends;Oct2004 Supplement, Vol. 112, ps86
Presents data on job vacancies in Great Britain from August 2001 to August 2004. Job vacancies by industry; Job vacancies at Jobcenters in Great Britain; Job vacancies at the Jobcenters by government office regions that remain unfilled.
- Coca-Cola director joins recruiter. O'Brien, Liam // Supply Management;6/10/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the recruitment of Sarah Bennett-Jones as senior consultant at supply chain recruitment company Langley Search and Selection in Great Britain. Career history of Bennett-Jones; Escalation of demand for recruitment expertise resulting from the competition in the purchasing labor market;...
- From The Forums. // Industry Week/IW;Feb2007, Vol. 256 Issue 2, p11
The article presents public opinion on whether there is a skilled worker shortage in the United States. It cites the implications of the shortage of skilled manufacturing workers. It argues that there has been an increase in number of employment agencies trying to fill two positions at one...
- A DIFFICULT POSITION. Booth, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p1
The article presents information on the present condition of job market in the U.S. According to the most recent employment outlook survey from staffing company Manpower Inc., just 15% of 31,800 U.S. employers surveyed expect to hike their staff levels in the second quarter of 2009. Almost 14%...