How Do You Deal with Criticism at Work?
- Scientia Iuris - An Unsolved Philosophical Problem. Peczenik, Aleksander // Ethical Theory & Moral Practice;Sep2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p273
Legal dogmatics in Continental European law (scientia iuris, Rechtswissenschaft) consists of professional legal writings whose task is to systematize and interpret valid law. Legal dogmatics pursues knowledge of the existing law, yet in many cases it leads to a change of the law. Among general...
- Jaczko Jacked up: Nuclear Energy Mugs Regulatory Commish. Wellen, Russ // Foreign Policy in Focus;1/5/2012, p2
The article examines the criticisms against Gregory Jaczko, chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). It discusses the feud between Jaczko and fellow commissioners over his character and management style, the resulting testimony before the U.S. Congress, and the Republicans'...
- Perspectivism and postmodern criticism. Gilmour, John C. // Monist;Apr90, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p233
Focuses on persectivism and postmodern criticism. Reference to a painting by Anselm Kiefer; Effects of an encounter with Kiefer's works; Information on the way in which Clement Greenberg's idea of the modern emphasizes how art should reflect the specialist interests of modern culture.
- Professional ethics. Wong, Pansy // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p45
Focuses on the professional ethics and standards in New Zealand. Role of the media in exposing professional discrepancies; Reputation of esteemed New Zealand professions; Importance of gaining professional respectability.
- The essence of a profession. Hagen, John C. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p41
Discusses the importance of the code of ethics in a profession. Definition of the code of ethics; Legislation for the protection of individual rights; Importance of corporate governance; Benefits of codes of conduct; Development of a personal code of ethics; Problems in a professional life.
- Cutting up. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;05/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p18
Presents the top ten factors that could trigger workers to act unethically or illegally.
- How to. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Aug97, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p8
Cites the terms that corporate star performers should never say.
- Implications of codes of ethics. Webster, George D. // Association Management;Dec95, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p119
Focuses on the legal implications of enforcing codes of ethics. Likelihood of suit; Practical problems with codes.
- Professional relationships in the workplace: Applying the... Hybben-Stehr, Lois // Primarily Nursing;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p7
Opinion. Presents views on professional relationships in the workplace. Effects of neglectful, disrespectful or abusive relationships; Responsibility of each individual for reversing an abusive environment.