IRS Finalizes COBRA Regulations
- Better Late Than Never? // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/29/99, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p28
Editorial. Discusses the arrival of final rules for the Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA). Role of the United States Internal Revenue Service; Situation of employers and employees; Creation of rules for the implementation of the law.
- IRS allows tax-favored retiree health funding. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;02/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p1
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will allow a tax-favored way for employers to prefund retiree health care obligations. Ruling of the IRS on Energy Insurance (Bermuda) Limited; What are voluntary employee beneficiary associations (VEBA); Benefit of advance funding...
- IRS pledges guidance on reform law. GEISEL, JERRY // Business Insurance;4/30/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p19
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to create rules to provide several ways to employers to prove that their health care plans offer minimum value to participants.
- Long-term care summary. // Workforce;Jul97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p9
Summarizes the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability of 1996 that apply to Medicaid and long-term care. Provision of premiums for long-term care insurance; Scope of provisions for taxable and nontaxable benefits; Coverage of long-term care insurance according to...
- Overdue irs rules welcome. // Business Insurance;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) COBRA regulations that allow employees and their dependents to retain group health care coverage for a limited time after certain events such as the loss of a job, death or marital separation. Length of time it took the IRS to...
- HIAA wants IRS to clarify `qualified' LTC rules. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/28/97, Vol. 101 Issue 30, p3
Reports that the Health Insurance Association of America (HIAA) wants the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to clarify `qualified' LTC rules. Requirements for LTC policies to be considered `qualified' contract under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996;...
- IRS Issues Rules Governing COBRA. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;03/29/99, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p21
Reports on the publication by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of its proposed regulations on the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) of 1985. Views of health plan administrators on COBRA; Provisions of the IRS regulations; Schedule for the public hearing on...
- IRS health care power grab tramples states. Kerpen, Phil // Ellis County Press;7/12/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p3
The author argues with the health subsidies to be given to every state by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- IRS delays requirement for employers to report health-plan costs on W-2. Rombel, Adam // Business Journal (Central New York);10/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p16
The article reports on the announcement from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that they would delay the requirement for employers to file a report on the health-plan costs of their employees' W-2 forms in the U.S.