Life in the Shadow Of the Bulge Bracket
- Morgan Keegan Hires Muni Airport Specialist Mehigan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p6
Reports on the appointment of D.J. Mehigan as senior vice president of Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. in Richmond, Virginia. Job responsibilities; Relocation plans of Mehigan; Ranking of Morgan Keegan as financial adviser.
- Fairness Opinions: Not Fair, But Lucrative. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p36
Focuses on the criticism of a fairness opinion letter issued by Morgan Keegan Inc. in support for Warren Buffet's March 2003 bid for Clayton Homes Inc. Comparison of Clayton Homes' offer price with other potential bidders; Comments of investment bankers on the letter.
- Regions Subsidiary Acquiring Shattuck. Davis, Paul // American Banker;5/4/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 86, p20
The article reports on news pertaining to the financial institution Morgan Keegan & Company Incorporated during 2007. The corporation, located in Birmingham, Alabama, is poised to acquire investment bank Shattuck Hammond Partners LLC, of New York, in the hopes that the venture will diversify its...
- Morgan Keegan list called `smoking gun' in Louisiana dispute. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p1
Reports that the Morgan Keegan and Company's inventory list was criticized by the East Baton Rouge and the Mortgage Finance Authority. Why the list was called `a smoking gun,' by Richard Sale, a partner in charge of institutional sales and trading at J.C. Bradford and Company; Description of...
- Visa Shares Win Pair of Upgrades. // American Banker;10/15/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 199, p10
The article reports that financial analysts at Piper Jaffray & Co. and Morgan Keegan & Co. improved their outlook for credit card company Visa Inc. in October, 2008. Robert Dodd, at Morgan Keegan, predicted that the company's earnings would improve in the future, and said that its stock is...
- Morgan Keegan Opens Richmond Office. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p7
Reports on the opening of Morgan Keegan & Co.'s office in Richmond, Virginia. James Johnson's appointment as head of the Richmond office; Others joining Johnson.
- Optimism (and Concerns) on Colonial. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;2/17/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 33, p28
This article discusses analysts' opinions about the financial performance and economic outlook for Colonial BancGroup Inc. Adam Barkstrom of Stifel Nicolaus & Co. initiated coverage of Colonial but expressed concern about the Florida real estate market and Colonial's condominium construction...
- Trends Elsewhere Are Promising for Big-Bank Earnings. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;8/9/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 152, p18
Discusses the outlook for economic earnings at several big financial companies. Overview of investment banking and capital markets; How trading losses hurt many of the large investment banks; Views of analysts; Financial information on JPMorgan Chase & Company, Bank of America Corporation and...
- Puerto Rico banks continue to face challenges. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;4/5/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on the problems faced by the banking industry in Puerto Rico. It had to deal with a recessionary economy, a flat-to-inverted yield curve that squeezed bank's profit, and an increase in loan delinquencies. Economic recession of the island caused deterioration in the credit...