Intense diet, behavior, and physical activity intervention effective for obese children
- GO FIGURE. Nudd, Tim; Solman, Gregory // Adweek;2/21/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p33
The article reports that a Canadian schoolteacher says he has lost 13 pounds by following a McDonald's-only diet, which he embarked on to show his students that the film Super Size Me is an opinion piece. He says he's down to 222 pounds, from 235, and his blood pressure has dropped to 134/73...
- The easiest way to lose weight. Hammock, Delia A. // Good Housekeeping;Nov2005, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p215
The article presents a diet plan to achieve goals on weight reduction. Health experts recommended that an individual may reduce 20% of his/her daily intake to achieve a lasting weight loss. In order to estimate daily caloric intake, an individual should assess daily exercise accomplishments and...
- Weight Loss News. Robertson, Sarah // Prevention;Nov2000, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p67
Offers news briefs related to weight loss as of November 1, 2000. How eating minimeals can help control appetite; Ways to increase your amount of activity each day.
- Losing Propositions. Kagan, Cara // Town & Country;Feb2006 Supplement, Vol. 160, p42
The article suggests a weight loss program for brides-to-be, with emphasis on diet and exercise.
- THE REAL SKINNY. Espinoza, Galina; Scott, Sophfronia; Bane, Vickie; Baughn, Alice Jackson; Billups, Andrea; Cohen, Michael; Lang, Anne; Rowlands, Penelope; Seaman, Debbie; Sieder, Jill; Smith, Patricia B.; Williams, Cedric; Wood, Judy; Brown, Karen // People;2/11/2002, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p88
Introduces a series of articles on individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off. Overweight problem in the United States; Failure of so-called quick-fix diets and programs; Suggestion that the only way to lose weight is exercise and a low-calorie, low-fat diet.
- WEIGHT LOSS BULLETIN. // Men's Health (10544836);Nov2012, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p38
The article reports various developments related to health and weight loss. A new research found that socially jet-lagged people were three times as likely to be overweight. Another study found that a diet-and-exercise log can work even if one fills it out less than two-thirds of the time....
- Popular diets are equally effective for losing weight. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/16/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7496, preceding p855
Presents an overview of whether or not popular diets are equally effective for losing weight. Comparison made between the Atkins, Zone, Weight Watchers, and Ornish weight loss programs; Details of a study conducted; Findings.
- Lose the Last 10. Campbell, Adam // Men's Health (10544836);Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p116
Provides information on some weight loss diet programs. Low carbohydrate diet plan; Low fat diet plan; Low calorie diet plan.
- editor's letter. Danziger, Lucy S. // Self;Jan2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p12
The article reflects the opinion of the author on the significance of the Jump Start Diet weight loss program. According to the author, the program is convenient since dieters choose only tips that work for them and they can plan the type of food they think preferable for their diet in a monthly...