MSF in Sudan
- In brief. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/25/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7506, p1464
Presents news briefs related to medical care and public health as of June 25, 2005. Development of a new test to diagnose avian influenza; Report that damage to sperm DNA is twice as high in middle aged men as in men under the age of 30; Report that all charges of spying against Doctors Without...
- Agencies Speak Out on Rape in Darfur. Hampton, Tracy // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;8/3/2005, Vol. 294 Issue 5, p542
Focuses on efforts to stop rape in Darfur, Sudan. Members of the nonprofit MÃ©decins Sans Frontieres (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, Paul Foreman and Vincent Hoedt; The goal of MSF to bring attention to atrocities committed by the militia against women and girls in Darfur; Reaction of the...
- Sudan arrests aid worker for "crimes against the state." Moszynski, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/11/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7504, p1350
Reports on the arrest of Paul Foreman and Vincent Hoedt by Sudan government. Review of the case, in which Foreman, head of the MÃ© Sans FrontiÃ©res Holland (MSF) and Hoedt, the agency's Darfur regional coordinator, were detained after publish a report on incidents of rape in the region;...
- Shining a light on suffering. Sheldon, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/9/2005, Vol. 331 Issue 7508, p70
Focuses on the experience of aid worker Vincent Hoedt, who was threatened with three years in a Sudanese jail after publishing a report on the brutal rape of African women in Darfur by armed militia men. Details of the report and why the Sudanese government was so upset by it; Arrest of Hoedt,...
- Knox County Arrests Nov. 17-Dec. 12. // Munday Courier (TX);12/13/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p7
A list of people arrested by the Knox County police in the state of Texas from November 17 to December 12, 2006 is presented. Edward Enrique of Knox County was arrested for burglary of habitation. Lacy Ann of Foard County was arrested for violation of probation. O'Neal Perry of Knox county was...
- POLICE BLOTTER. // Granite City Press-Record;7/27/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 60, pA2
The article offers news briefs related to police actions against criminal activities in Illinois. Granite City Police arrested a 32-year-old resident of 2400 block of Missouri Avenue, Granite City, on a charge of battery. A 20-year-old resident of 1600 block of Venice, Granite City, was arrested...
- Ex-cop in S. Carolina shot unarmed man on video, faces charges. // Hill;9/29/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 102, p12
The article reports that Sean Groubert, former South Carolina state trooper who shot an unarmed man, has been arrested and is facing a charge of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature.
- POLICE BLOTTER. // Graham Leader;5/13/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 78, p12A
The article reports on several arrests and other crime events that were recorded in police stations of Graham, Young County, Texas from April 28-29, 2012 which includes a criminal trespass, a medical emergency and an illegal littering.
- From car to foot, to car to jail for driver in high speed chase. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;1/24/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the arrests of Joshua Zachary, who was charged with multiple counts and an armed robbery with an edged weapon after a dramatic high-speed chase in Kahnawake Mohawk Territory on January 19, 2014.