Older women's health priorities and perceptions of care delivery: results of the WOW health survey
- Suicidal ideation and suicide attempts among adult Danes. Kjøller, Mette; Helweg-Larsen, Marie // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p54
Describes the prevalence of suicidal ideation and attempted suicide among adult Danes. Proportion of people reporting a suicide attempt resulting in contact with the health care system; Prevalence of suicidal ideation among young people; Absence of an age gradient in ever-attempted suicide.
- Meningitis cases on the decline. // Pulse;6/2/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the number of cases of meningococcal disease according to Health Protection Agency in Great Britain.
- Older women's health: Clinical care in the postmenopausal years. Butler, Robert N.; Collins, Karen Scott // Geriatrics;Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p33
Part II. Discusses clinical care of postmenopausal women. Indications for hormone replacement; Mental health; Primary care response.
- Mums' and dads' army. Bainton, Roy // New Statesman & Society;9/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 371, p16
Recounts the author's hardship in taking care of his 79 year old grand mother in Great Britain. Complexities in asking for financial support from the community nurse; Data from General Household Survey on caring for the olds; Invalid Care Allowance as the lowest of all security benefits;...
- Older women's health: `Taking the pulse' reveals gender gap in medical care. Butler, Robert N.; Collins, Karen Scott // Geriatrics;May95, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p39
Part I. Presents a roundtable discussion on the experiences of geriatricians concerning the medical care of aged women in the United States. Neglect of women in medical education; Gender bias in health insurance and quality of treatment; Women in research studies; Improvement of the...
- A CHANGED VIEW OF SERUM PREALBUMIN IN THE ELDERLY: PREALBUMIN VALUES INFLUENCED BY CONCOMITANT INFLAMMATION. Hrnciarikova, Dana; Juraskova, Bozena; Hyspler, Radomir; Solichova, Dagmar; Ticha, Alena; Klemera, Petr; Hronek, Miloslav; Zadak, Zdenek // Biomedical Papers of the Medical Faculty of Palacky University i;2007, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p273
Aims: We are currently witnessing changes in views on the evaluation of serum proteins. A decrease may signal not only malnutrition. It may also be an indicator of simultaneously occurring inflammatory disease. Prealbumin, due to its short half-life, is a suitable indicator of changes in...
- Health care is still reorganizing. Goldblatt, Dan // Business News New Jersey;03/30/98, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p34
Looks at the health care system in New Jersey. Improvements in the system; Rules governing hospitals and health coverage for businesses with fewer employees in Trenton; Survey of the New Jersey Business and Industry Association; Economic status of the country's employers and insurers.
- Nationwide survey on resource availability for implementing current sepsis guidelines in Mongolia. Bataar, Otgon; Lundeg, Ganbold; Tsenddorj, Ganbat; Jochberger, Stefan; Grander, Wilhelm; Baelani, Inipavudu; Wilson, Iain; Baker, Tim; Dünser, Martin W. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Nov2010, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p839
Objective To assess if secondary and tertiary hospitals in Mongolia have the resources needed to implement the 2008 Surviving Sepsis Campaign (SSC) guidelines. Methods To obtain key informant responses, we conducted a nationwide survey by sending a 74-item questionnaire to head physicians of the...
- Mentoring Junior Healthcare Administrators: A Description of Mentoring Practices in 127 U.S. Hospitals. Finley, Frances R.; Ivanitskaya, Lana V.; Kennedy, Michael H. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p260
A survey instrument about mentoring junior healthcare administrators was mailed to 485 senior-level executivesâ€”chief executive officers, hospital administrators, and presidents. Completed surveys were returned by 127 senior executives (26 percent response rate). On average, the...