Older women's health priorities and perceptions of care delivery: results of the WOW health survey
- Suicidal ideation and suicide attempts among adult Danes. Kjøller, Mette; Helweg-Larsen, Marie // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p54
Describes the prevalence of suicidal ideation and attempted suicide among adult Danes. Proportion of people reporting a suicide attempt resulting in contact with the health care system; Prevalence of suicidal ideation among young people; Absence of an age gradient in ever-attempted suicide.
- Meningitis cases on the decline. // Pulse;6/2/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the number of cases of meningococcal disease according to Health Protection Agency in Great Britain.
- Older women's health: Clinical care in the postmenopausal years. Butler, Robert N.; Collins, Karen Scott // Geriatrics;Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p33
Part II. Discusses clinical care of postmenopausal women. Indications for hormone replacement; Mental health; Primary care response.
- Mums' and dads' army. Bainton, Roy // New Statesman & Society;9/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 371, p16
Recounts the author's hardship in taking care of his 79 year old grand mother in Great Britain. Complexities in asking for financial support from the community nurse; Data from General Household Survey on caring for the olds; Invalid Care Allowance as the lowest of all security benefits;...
- Older women's health: `Taking the pulse' reveals gender gap in medical care. Butler, Robert N.; Collins, Karen Scott // Geriatrics;May95, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p39
Part I. Presents a roundtable discussion on the experiences of geriatricians concerning the medical care of aged women in the United States. Neglect of women in medical education; Gender bias in health insurance and quality of treatment; Women in research studies; Improvement of the...
- A CHANGED VIEW OF SERUM PREALBUMIN IN THE ELDERLY: PREALBUMIN VALUES INFLUENCED BY CONCOMITANT INFLAMMATION. Hrnciarikova, Dana; Juraskova, Bozena; Hyspler, Radomir; Solichova, Dagmar; Ticha, Alena; Klemera, Petr; Hronek, Miloslav; Zadak, Zdenek // Biomedical Papers of the Medical Faculty of Palacky University i;2007, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p273
Aims: We are currently witnessing changes in views on the evaluation of serum proteins. A decrease may signal not only malnutrition. It may also be an indicator of simultaneously occurring inflammatory disease. Prealbumin, due to its short half-life, is a suitable indicator of changes in...
- Use of mammography services by women aged ...65 years enrolled in Medicare--United States, 1991-... Trontell, A.E.; Franey, E.W. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;10/20/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 41, p777
Reports on mammography screening services for women aged 65 years old and above in the United States. Eligibility of women enrolled in Medicare; Medicare claims data for services provided during 1991-1993; Annual rates of mammography use for enrolled women; Indication of a low rate of...
- Cervical screening 'could be split by age'. Stirling, Alisdair // Pulse;4/21/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 13, p10
The article focuses on the Trial of Management of Borderline and Other Low-Grade Abnormal (TOMBOLA) study which suggests that human papillomavirus (HPV) testing should be applied to older but not to younger women in Great Britain.
- Health care is still reorganizing. Goldblatt, Dan // Business News New Jersey;03/30/98, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p34
Looks at the health care system in New Jersey. Improvements in the system; Rules governing hospitals and health coverage for businesses with fewer employees in Trenton; Survey of the New Jersey Business and Industry Association; Economic status of the country's employers and insurers.