Volvo truck runs on alternative fuel DME
- From peanut oil to methane gas. // Motor Equipment News;Dec2011, p28
The article offers information about the dimethyl ether and biogas, which are used by Volvo Truck Corp. to power its truck's engine. According to the company, the diesel engine can be powered by many types of fuel, some of it are renewable and the common factor is that they are lighted through...
- Volvo Trucks to build DME-powered vehicles for North America. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p20
The article informs that the U.S.-based Volvo Trucks will manufacture Volvo D13 engines powered with dimethyl ether (DME) in the wake of bringing sustainable transport solutions in North America which will begin limited production in 2015.
- Volvo promoting DME as alternative truck fuel. Weber, Rick // Bulk Transporter;Feb2014, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p28
The article reports that Volvo Trucks is promoting dimethyl ether (DME) as alternative truck fuel to diesel. Volvo has announced plans to commercialize heavy-duty commercial vehicles powered by DME fuel in North America. Volvo has alo decided to invest in DME technology due to numerous benefits...
- Virtually zero carbon emission. // Mining World;Apr2013, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p62
The article reports on the field tests conducted by Volvo Trucks for its vehicles powered by bio- dimethyl ether (bio-DME) and mentions that there are 10 Volvo trucks which are operating in Sweden.
- Bio-DME trucks from Volvo taking part in field tests. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the field tests involving Bio-DME (di-methyl-ether) to be conducted by Volvo Trucks to assess its potential as a vehicle fuel. DME which is produced from biomass is low on dioxide emissions and has high energy efficiency. The field test is a joint project among the...
- Volvo adds DME to alternative fuel options in North America. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;6/ 6/2013, p23
The article reports on Sacramento, California-based Volvo Trucks' plan to start limited production of VNL trucks powered by the alternative fuel dimethyl ether (DME) in 2015. It also mentions that Safeway Inc. will conduct field testing of VNL trucks under a grant from the San Joaquin Valley Air...
- Volvo Trucks shows off present and future alternative-fuel offerings. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/25/2013, p8
The article provides information on the compressed natural gas and dimethyl ether (DME) tractors to be introduced by Volvo Trucks at the 2012 Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo in Washington, D.C.
- POWER TO THE PEOPLE. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;Aug2001, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p43
Describes the engine of the Volvo VN770 truck. Power capacity; Efficiency; Overall performance.
- Volvo GO adds new life to D12 engines. // Bulk Transporter;Mar2013, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that a three-year, 350,000-mile warranty is being offered by Volvo Trucks Ltd. for its Volvo D12 engine owners who want to increase the life of their vehicles with the Volvo Guaranteed Overhaul (GO) program.