Boom truck created with the user in mind
- LAND ROVER V SANTANA. // Commercial Motor;6/23/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5134, p48
Compares the features of the Land Rover Defender 110 XS and Santana PS10 automobiles. Specification of the engines; Maximum towing weight; Speed accuracy.
- Catching the camera's eye. Gray, Dylan // Commercial Motor;4/19/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5225, p28
The article reports on the statistics released by Great Britain's Department for Transport (DfT) from 2006 on the average speeds of light commercial as well as light goods vehicles (LGV) in Great Britain. It is noted that 17% of all vehicles observed travelling at more than 10 miles per hour...
- Tayside to operate speed awareness campaign on A9. // Truck & Driver;Aug2012, p6
The article reports that around 500 heavy goods vehicle (HGV) drivers were caught breaking the speed limit in Tayside, Scotland, last and the police have now launched a campaign highlighting the speed limit. INSET: National speed limit for this vehicle:.
- Kenworth bundles maintenance, warranty packages. // Fleet Owner;Oct2007, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p46
The article provides information on the PremierCare Freedom Package of Kentworth Truck Co. in the U.S. The package combines preventive maintenance with an extended warranty for owners of new Class 8 trucks including T660, T800, W900, and T2000. The package provides maintenance through B-level...
- Faster than a speedingâ€¦. // Tire Business;8/29/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that the world's fastest truck Bandag Bullet is now in the Guinness Book of Records, setting the mark for a conventionally powered truck. From a standing start it covered 0.62 miles in 19.8 seconds at an average speed of 113.2 mph, breaking the old record of 96.8 mph. The...
- AIR-LIGHT LINES. Penny, Emma // Commercial Motor;4/29/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5077, p52
Discusses how aerodynamics can reduce the running costs of trucks. Role of aerodynamics in reducing fuel spending of commercial motor vehicles; Factors affecting aerodynamic resistance, according to fuel economy expert Michael Coyle; Ways of reducing the vehicle's road speed.
- BIG BOY'S TOY. // Commercial Motor;6/16/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5133, p42
Evaluates the LT46 3.5-tonne commercial vehicle from Volkswagen. Power ratings of the automobile; Speed of LT46; Advantage of the seating.
- Scania aims to meet all your needs. // Commercial Motor;4/26/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5226, p8
The article reports on the launch of the Scania Complete Box by Scania in order to avoid delays at bodybuilders and provide a whole-vehicle warranty for operators in Great Britain. The fully built-up trucks will be supplied direct from the existing dealer network and will be supported by its...
- Playing the odds. Dills, Todd // Overdrive;Mar2009, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p23
The article discusses the costs and benefits of insuring trucks in the U.S. A new truck usually comes with a one-year warranty on engine and drivetrain. Balancing the value between brand new trucks and used trucks will involve not only its cost but the large operational choice the rebuild...