Mirror Mitts help prevent service accidents
- Sizing Up Side Impacts. // Automotive Body Repair News;Apr2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the improvements in vehicle designs and construction materials for passenger safety. Introduction of the first side impact protection standard; Installation of foam blocks around the intrusion beams to add side impact protection; Purpose of the use of steel alloyed with boron.
- Consumer automotive research study car & dash covers. // Automotive Marketing;Mar1997, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p38
Provides information on the Consumer Automotive Repair Study on car and dash covers. Percentage of who install the car and dash covers; Percentage decrease of car and dash cover purchases; Gender differences of car and dash cover purchasers.
- Slush molding, PU spray gain in IP applications. // Rubber World;Feb2003, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p14
Reports that polyvinyl chloride/alkyl benzene sulphonates thermoformed skins for instrument panels have lost market share to slush molding and polyurethane spray in both North America and Europe. Factors that have favored alternatives to vacuum forming despite their higher cost; Data from the...
- Auto suggestion: Cut the glare. Chen, Ingfei; Franklin, Deborah // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on Indiana University optometrist Merrill Allen's recommendation to cut the glare from car dashboards to minimize automobile accidents. Use of the color black on dashboards.
- STAN TECHNICZNY I WYPOSAÅ»ENIE POJAZDÃ“W SAMOCHODOWYCH A BEZPIECZEÅƒSTWO RUCHU DROGOWEGO. IDZIKOWSKI, ADAM // Studia i Materialy Polskiego Stowarzyszenia Zarzadzania Wiedza /;2011, Issue 46, p94
The number of cars on the road in recent years increased rapidly. It resulted in higher level of traffic hazards. This paper discusses the causes of accidents, presents new electronic systems for enhancing active safety in vehicles and the analysis of the most common failure of the hydraulic...
- So who owns the data? // Automotive News;12/17/2012, Vol. 87 Issue 6547, p12
The article presents the author's comments on how the use of black boxes and other technologies to make cars more safer to drive and to avoid accidents.
- Safety shouldn't take a back seat to entertainment. // Automotive News;9/5/2011, Vol. 86 Issue 6480, p12
The article reports that heightened in-car stimulation causes distracted driving that leads to accidents.
- The Grumman American LYNX. Andersen, DAvid P. // Model Airplane News;Sep2006, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p130
The article features the Grumman American AA-1C Lynx produced by Gulfstream American in 1978. The airplane is designed with a Zenoah GT-80 twin-cylinder engine, instrument panel, castering nosewheel, engine cowl, forward fuselage, constant-chord wing and fin and rudders. Its flight...
- Plastic Gains Ground in IPs. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;May99, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p81
Reports on the growing acceptance of the instrument panels (IP) with structural plastic innards on some high-volume car programs. Vehicles in which the high technology plastic IP are already used; Components and benefits; Plan of General Motors Corp. for the plastic.