Tool handy for slack adjuster maintenance
- Automotive topics make a hole-in-one at IICIT. Coffey, Valerie // Connector Specifier;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
Comments on issues related to the automotive connector market in the U.S. Highlights of the 2004 International Institute of Connector and Interconnection Technology symposium in Dearborn, Michigan; Specifications set by the U.S. Council for Automotive Research; Challenges facing the automotive...
- Self-aligning MEMS connectors go ultra-high-density. Larsson, Michael // Connector Specifier;Apr/May2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the high-density micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) connectors. Design concept for separable MEMS connectors with high-pin densities; Advantages of separable electrical connectors such as minimal manufacturing cost; Applications of separable connectors including...
- Synthesis of a spatial 3-RPS parallel manipulator based on physical constraints. Mohan Rao, Nalluri // Sadhana;Dec2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p739
The range of motion of the moving platform of a spatial 3-RPS parallel manipulator will be greatly influenced by the physical constraints such as limits on the lengths of the limbs and the range of motion of the spherical joints. Therefore, while synthesizing the parallel manipulator, the...
- Survey: Harsh Duty Cabling & Connectors. Greenfield, David // Control Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 57 Issue 2, pM1
The article discusses a survey conducted by "Control Engineering" and Molex Inc. on the criticality of harsh duty cabling and connectors, including production failures and equipment downtime in a production facility. Respondents from a diverse groups including electronics, food and beverage, and...
- A simple rotary joint. // Machine Design;8/4/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 15, p44
Features the dual-centric rotary stem joint from Fluid Dynamics System. Description of a stem adapter being used by the joint; Motion transmitted by the joints by fitting its shafts together; Easiness in assembling the joint.
- Plug. // Network Dictionary;2007, p377
A definition for the term "plug" is presented. It refers to a connector used to link together devices. The male connector is the plug, and the female is called the socket. The plug is usually the connector mounted on a cable, while the connector mounted on the equipment is the socket.
- RJ Connector. // Network Dictionary;2007, p416
A definition of the term "RJ Connector" is presented. RJ Connector or Registered jack connector, is a standard connector used to connect telephone lines, 10BaseT and other types of network connections.
- PERV: Splined Post. // Ride BMX;Mar2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p54
The article presents information on automobile accessories. It's not every day that one sees a major advancement in seatpost design, but this post delivers. Perv used splined guts to clamp the seat into place, but instead of using a bottom-mounted bolt, it's secured on the side by a single Alien...
- NUTTING IT OUT. Tuzson, Paul // Street Machine;Dec2005, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p114
This article explains how a bolt works. A bolt becomes stretched and exerts a clamping force on the components with which it is engaged when it is tightened. The author notes that insufficient pre-load will result in separation causing the bolt to be subjected to fatiguing strains that are not...