Taking the air out of conventional tire inflation
- Michelin launches new wide base single, retread. // Fleet Owner;Jul2013, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p1
The article evaluates several trucking products including the X One Line Energy D tire and the pre-mold retread from Michelin Americas Truck Tires.
- Growing business old-fashioned way. Davis, Bruce // Tire Business;3/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p11
Focuses on expansion in the business of U.S. truck tire retreaders in the year 2002. Factors responsible for increase in retreading activities; Reasons behind low profits in retreading; Steps taken by retreading companies to cope up with low profits; Number of retread tire shipments in 2001 and...
- Michelin adds fuel-efficient tire and retread. // Fleet Equipment;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p52
The article evaluates two automobile products from Michelin Americas Truck Tires including the X Line Energy T, a dual trailer tire for line haul operations and the Smart-Way-verified X Line Energy D Pre-Mold retread.
- RETREADING: AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN LOWERING TIRE COSTS. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;9/15/2002, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p82
Discusses retreading tires as an important factor in lowering tire costs. Improvements in retreading tires; Economics as the main reason for the popularity of retreads; Causes on truck tire debris in highways.
- Truck tire overcapacity in China is immense -- Bekaert executive. Noga, Edward // Tire Business;9/30/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p18
The article focuses on truck tire overcapacity production in China. China is a major player in truck tire markets throughout the world. China has no retreading. If it had retreading like in the U.S. then it would not need 60 million tires. The truck tire production in China reached 88 million...
- Cutting Life-cycle Costs. // Fleet Equipment;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p11
Shows how tire retreading saves money in truck fleet operation. Why cheaper tires drives up cost-per-mile; Other costs of cheaper tires; Other advantages of retreading.
- Check 'em Cold. // Fleet Equipment;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the importance of checking the tire air pressure of trucks regularly. Remarks from Tire Retread Information Bureau (TRIB) manager director Harvey Brodskey; Recommendations of TRIB.
- Getting the rubber for the road. // Fleet Owner;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p58
Presents charts of truck tires and treads for the year 2002.
- Protecting an investment. ROHLWING, KEVIN // American Trucker;Apr2011, p22
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of retreading of truck tires. The author states the retreaded tire program of fleets in North America, which was one of the changes from the problems encountered on tires. He mentions the retreadability truck tire casings, which market...