Bernard Welding lets users build their gun
- FUGGLY FIREARMS. VENOLA, RICHARD // Gun World;Feb2017, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p78
A quiz concerning the manufacturer and designs of firearms is presented.
- Checkering A Gunstock Is Easy. Deaner, Wendell Dwight // American Gunsmith;Jul2012, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p8
The article provides information when it comes to checkering a wooden gunstock. It notes that checkering a gunstock is easy to perform with the application of the basic knowledge of the process, the right tools, and the patience to complete the project. Several useful tools being presented...
- The Soldier's "Long Arm" Heavy Sniping & Anti-Materiel Rifles And Their Ammunition. Housson, Jean-Pierre // Military Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p87
Features large-caliber, high-accuracy rifles and their ammunition for the long-range precision engagement of both personnel and high-value and/or dangerous material targets. General background to sniper rifles; Description of the .338 Lapua Magnum; Specifications of the 12.7 mm cartridge;...
- Retention Of AR-15 Barrel Extensions. Carlos, Joe // American Gunsmith;Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the proactive steps to take when building AR-15 barrel extensions. It points out that when the nitriding process heats the barrels to 1,000 degrees they and the extensions are stress relieved and lose their torque. Re-torquing causes the extension to rotate past correct...
- Ruger P-Series Custom Touches. Mazan, Paul // American Gunsmith;Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p18
The article discusses how to customize the Ruger P-Series pistol. The pistol should first be disassembled with all its basic components taken down and the gun emptied. The trigger is then polished and the web removed, leaving a thin polished blade trigger in the trigger guard. The small parts...
- Keeping firearms ON TARGET. Coburn, Ron // Machine Design;8/24/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 16, p52
The article presents information on improved manufacturing techniques being implemented by gun makers that guarantee accurate and reliable firearms. It is said that automation and fewer man hours are necessary to achieve the goal of accuracy and reliability. A barrel with carbon steel 414 should...
- Ruger's New Hunter. Carmichel, Jim // Outdoor Life;May2005, Vol. 212 Issue 5, p77
Features the sporting firearm Ruger Mark II Hunter. Information on the design of the firearm; Test performance of the firearm.
- Smith & Wesson's Other Safety Issue. Barnes, Ed // Time;4/3/2000, Vol. 155 Issue 13, p18
Mentions Smith & Wesson's negotiation of its safer-handgun deal with the Clinton Administration. The gun manufacturer's deal with an Ohio police officer, Jeff Perry, to stop talking about a design flaw in the semiautomatic pistols; Details of the safety flaw.
- NATO PDW Standardisation: Watershed Ahead? Bonsignore, Ezio // Military Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p18
Discusses issues regarding the choice of the ammunition for the Personal Defence Weapon (PDW). Description of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's (NATO) weapon standardization system; Chronicle of NATO efforts towards the standardization of the PDW; Main characteristics of the PDW...