Tips on truck frames
- Anatomy of the company. // Commercial Motor;3/31/2005 Supplement, p4
Focuses on products and services used by England-based bodybuilding company JCP for producing units of truck bodies, as of April 2005. Advantages of the decision of the company to invest in robotic technology for its manufacturing processes; Role of customer service in the business of the...
- Medium-duty reframed. // Fleet Owner;Aug2005, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p48
Reports that Mitsubishi Fuso's 2006 medium-duty models FE140, FE145 and FE180 feature a redesigned frame built to make body design and mounting easier. Straight ladder-style frames; Steel frame rails.
- Kubota RTV900 receives upgrade. // Dakota Farmer;Jun2011, p25
The article offers brief information on the RTV900XT utility vehicle from Kubota Tractor Corp.
- Step up to the marque. Weathertey, Brian // Commercial Motor;10/3/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5555, p38
The article offers information on entry steps design for trucks. It mentions that the entry into the BP Autotanker of Thompson Brothers is through a hatch in the middle of the front panel and the Virages V10 concept tractor has a winding staircase to the driving compartment. It adds that the...
- CONVERSION FACTORS. Dickson-Simpson, John // Commercial Motor;3/31/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5122, p70
Focuses on companies that specialise in creating chassis converters for commercial vehicles in Great Britain. Features of beavertail bodies for truck trailers designed by Andover Trailers and King Trailers; Description of demountable-body systems from Ray Smith Group; Chassis conversion...
- Prohire to offer customers Stralis tractors. // Motor Transport;10/7/2004, p8
Reports on the plan of Stoke-on-Trent, England-based contract hire firm Prohire to offer tractor units to its customer Stralis. Design of the tractors; Competitive advantage of the company over other truck manufacturers; Information on the possible fleet deal of the company with DHL.
- Unique 6x2 saves weight. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;10/7/2004, p11
Features a converted Scania truck by Bulmers Bulk Logistics. Advantage of the truck over factory-built tractors; Size of granning axle and type side guards in which the truck fits; Background of the company.
- New Configurations, Engine Option for Peterbilt 357. // Fleet Equipment;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the announcement of the two new vocationally-oriented configurations of the Model 357, along with the optional availability of the Caterpillar C9 engine by Peterbilt Motors Co. Physical description of the new Model 357 truck; Target of the configuration to mixer, dump and refuse...
- Improving aerodynamics from the big box. Baxter, John // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that the Truck Manufacturers Association and truck makers showcased a tractor and trailer aerodynamics after two years of research which was co-funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. Freightliner worked on fine-tuning truck mirrors in its wind tunnel and truck maker...