Transcraft makes quality a team effort
- Transcraft will idle platform trailer plant. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2007, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p8
The article unveils the plan of Transcraft Corp. to inactivate its platform trailer production facility in Mount Sterling, Kentucky before the end to 2007. The plan was made in relation to the orders that the company receives. The facility will be reopened depending on the demand and order...
- Old Tools--New Uses: Equipment FMEA. Cotnareanu, Teodor // Quality Progress;Dec99, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p48
Discusses the use of failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) as a tool for enhancing quality control. Team effort in maintenance FMEA; Short- and long-term goals of FMEA; Differences between process and maintenance FMEA; Use of FMEA forms.
- why can't everyone participate directly in quality improvement? Townsend, Pat // Journal for Quality & Participation;Spring2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
Discusses how quality improvement in business can be achieved. Importance of employee involvement in quality improvement; Discussion of the mistake involved in delegating a quality effort to a minority; Characteristics of a team.
- Predicting the trajectory of manufacturing quality with work team implementation. Field, Joy M.; Sinha, Kingshuk K. // Journal of Quality Management;2000, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p103
Documents the development of a framework to predict the magnitude and timing of quality improvement with work team implementation on production lines. Trajectory of quality improvement; Manufacturing quality.
- Honor The Team's Results Before Disbanding. // TeamWork;Feb2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p2
The article offers suggestions on the honorable closure of an organizational team including publication of the team's outcomes in annual reports, a photograph of the team, and recognizing the team's success.
- The power of the team. Gosney, Max // Works Management;Oct2014, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p4
In this article, the author shares his views on the Best Factory Awards and the training support offered by manufacturing managers to their team so that their factory become eligible for the BFA.
- Quality Circles in Transportation: The Milwaukee Road Experience. Curtis, Ellen Foster // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Spring84, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p63
The article studies the application of the labor-management program called quality circle on the Milwaukee Road or Pacific Railroad. In an effort to improve productivity, some companies have begun to experiment with joint labor-management programs of various types, including forms of so-called...
- Experience with 'werkoverleg' in The Netherlands: implications for quality circles. Drenth, Pieter J.D.; Koopman, Paul L. // Journal of General Management;Winter83, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p57
This article describes some experiences with, and the results of, research into the Dutch system of direct participation and worker consultation called 'werkoverleg.' It is argued that in a number of significant ways the development of werkoverleg is similar to the Quality Circles movement....
- THE EXPLORATION OF TEAM LEARNING PERFORMANCE: THE EMPIRICAL STUDY ON COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE OF HOSPITALS IN TAIWAN. Shih-Wang Wu; Yafang Tsai // Proceedings for the Northeast Region Decision Sciences Institute;2011, p70
In a knowledge-based economy, an excellent team for learning can review their own performance and encourage participation in order to reach the goal of organization. The basic unit of learning is team in modern organization, so that the purpose of team learning is to motivate team and promote...