DirecTV Raps In Demand on Fees
- DirecTv bows HDTV for Thomson set owners. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/09/99, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p1
Reports that DirecTV Inc. has launched a high-definition television (HDTV) service and resumed the disconnection of unqualified subscribers from its distant network television services in the United States. Subscribers capable of using DirecTV's HDTV service; HDTV set required to access the...
- DirecTV Adds Third HD Channel: Showtime. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p31
Reports the launching of high definition television channel on the DBS platform by DirecTV Inc. in El Segundo, California. Date on the first transmission of the channel; Use of orbital slot for the transmission; Requirement for the channel subscription.
- Untitled. // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p12
Reports on plans of In Demand to launch linear high-definition television channels. Features of INHD; Plans to launch other high-definition networks that focus on movies and sports programming.
- DBS EARNS AN HD PASS. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p19
The article reports on the major concessions won by DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. The concessions are related to the carriage of local television signals in high-definition following the completion of its digital transition...
- DirecTV Floats HD Plans; Dish Inflates Basic Rates. Brady, Shirley; Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) commitment of cable television network DirecTV. Announcement of a high definition digital video recorder with TiVo service and a fourth HDTV channel; Incentives being given to subscribers; Plan to double its local-channel markets at the end of 2003.
- DirecTV on the way; are buyers? Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p124
Reports that some television experts in the United State believe that DirecTV's plans to broadcast two channels of high-definition (HD) programming may cause an increase in the sales of digital television sets. Number of broadcasters expected to offer high-definition signals by the time digital...
- GolTV HD Scores DirecTV. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p76
The article provides information on the deal among DirecTV Inc. and GolTV Inc., to provide high-definition service in the U.S.
- In Demand adds HD to the menu. // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
Announces In Demand's introduction of its high-definition video-on-demand slate of videotapes. 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'; 'Road to Perdition'; 'The Tuxedo.'
- In Demand expands scope with HD push. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;4/28/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p8
Reports that U.S.-based video-on-demand company In Demand plans to launch several high-definition television channels. Features of the planned channels; Company background.