BT Deal Lifts Microsoft's Fortunes
- Future TV Shock. Maher, Kathleen // Advertising Age's Creativity;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p48
Compares advancements in digital television in Europe with those of the United States. Demand for Internet services via television; International Broadcast Conference (IBC) in the Netherlands that indicated increase in digital TV; Focus of the U.S. on acquiring high definition TV; Integration...
- Two Latin American telcos choose Agama DTV monitoring system. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/ 9/2012, p5
The article reports that Agama Technologies digital television (DTV) monitoring system has been selected by two Latin American telecommunications operators for Internet protocol television (IPTV) quality assurance.
- BT's IPTV vision. Morris, Iain // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p23
The article focuses on British Telecom PLC's BT Vision, a subscription-free Internet protocol television (IPTV) service, and its viability as a business model in Great Britain. It is stated that the company is targeting at least 100,000 customers by year-end and three million by 2011 using a...
- The launch of BT Vision. Darby, Ian // Campaign;8/4/2006, Issue 31, p10
The article reports on British Telecom PLC's foray into TV market with the launch new digital TV service named BT Vision. It is slated to begin its services in September. BT Vision's content will combine digital TV with on-demand films as well as music and radio. The company will offer...
- BT plugs in Internet TV. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;6/29/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 63, p14
Reports that BT Group plans to launch television over high-speed Internet connections in summer 2006, as it seeks new revenue to make up for a decline in its fixed-line telephone business in Great Britain. Deal to use Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Protocol Television software platform to deliver...
- IPTV will be more than just digital TV online. Mercer, David // New Media Age;10/6/2005, p7
Presents the author's view on Internet television (IPTV). Impact of IPTV on digital television competition; Information on the IPTV services offered by smaller telecommunication companies and broadband providers in recent years; Description of IPTV.
- Maltese telco selects Agama Technologies for monitoring. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;2/22/2012, p3
The article highlights the selection of Agama Technologies DTV monitoring system by Maltese telco GO for its Internet Protocol television (IPTV) ecosystem to ensure delivery of high-quality video services to all GO interactive television (TV) subscribers.
- Faster connection to broaden Net horizons. Longhurst, Paul // Marketing Week;5/4/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p16
Comments on the launching of broadband Internet and digital television in Great Britain. Number of companies which have signed up with British Telecommunications (BT) for broadband; Fees charged by BT Openworld for the service; Use of digital television for online transactions; BT's...
- Majority of houses in US and Europe will be digital by 2007. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;September 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p178
Indicates that Europe will represent a larger digital television market than the U.S. by 2007. Faster uptake of digital TV in Europe to be driven by the demand for digital terrestrial TV; Impact of intense competition for subscribers between the cable and satellite operators on the U.S. market;...