GlowPoint Pitches Video Messages
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p29
Presents various issues concerning cable businesses in the U.S. as of September 2, 2002. Revenue of SeaChange for the second quarter of 2002; Terms of an agreement between Cablevision and Scientific-Atlanta; Estimated amount of an acquisition deal that was signed by Liberty Media with OpenTV;...
- Sony invests in Tokyu Cable for broadband network services. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;07/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p62D
Reports on the tie-up of Sony Corp. with Tokyu Cable Television. Benefit of each company from the deal; Information on Planning Co., a joint venture of Sony with Tokyu and Toyota; Acquisition of Titus Communications by Jupiter Telecommunications.
- Hurry Up and Wait: MSOs Encourage Subs to DIY. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);8/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p46
Introduces the ControlWorks, a broadband connectivity software for cable television from BroadJump. Key component of the software; Features of the software; Benefits of the software to operators and subscribers. INSET: MOTOROLA SAYS RECALL WAS OVERBLOWN.
- WEB WAR RAGES ON . Herskovitz, Jon // Daily Variety;07/05/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 21, p8
Reports on developments related to the cable television-based broadband Internet service industry in Japan as of July 5, 2000. Electronics firm Sony's broadband deal with cable television firm Tokyu Cable.
- Beam in the learning. // Technology & Learning;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p50
Presents various satellite and cable technologies used with Internet adjuncts by distance learning content providers, to deliver educational programming. Identification of various Web sites; Reference to videoconferencing; Information on Channel One. INSETS: News from Channel One;What's on?.
- Devil's in the details. Brown, Roger // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the development of the OpenCable software project for operators in the cable television industry. Aim of the project; Design of OpenCable project; Composition of the project; Features of the software.
- Automated management in the field paying off. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Jul2001, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p52
Focuses on the automated management in cable systems in the United States. Expansion of the system by cable operators; Factors affecting the success of workforce management system; Benefits of the system.
- Merger possibilities in U.K. cable. // High Yield Report;09/20/99, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p8
Reports that Telewest was in talks with United Pan-Europe Communications about a possible alliance, continuing the consolidation trend in the cable industry of the United Kingdom.
- The Comeback of Cable TV. GUNTHER, MARC; ROBERTS, BRIAN // Fortune;
Discusses the status of the cable television industry in 1997. The efforts of Bill Gates' Microsoft Corp. to aquire a portion of Comcast; The partnership between Rupert Murdoch and Saban Entertainment; Other evidence of a renewed interest in cable.