Adelphia Ups Creditor Ante
- Buying Adelphia Was the Easy Part. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p5
Reports on several issues to be settled by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. after the acceptance of bid for Adelphia Communications. Cable system of the combined entity to be handed to Comcast; Payment to Adelphia creditors; Completion of the acquisition deal.
- ADELPHIA TO SAIL ON SALE. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;5/31/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 42, p54
The article reports that the Adelphia Communications Corp. is seeking court approval for the sale of its assets to Time Warner Cable Inc. and Comcast Corp. without a reorganization plan. Creditors of the company have been fighting over how money should be divvied up. The New York bankruptcy...
- Adelphia Communications revises bankruptcy plan. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/30/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the joint merger of Adelphia Communications Corp. with Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Components of the bankruptcy reorganization plan of Adelphia; Amount of assets sold by Adelphia to Time Warner and Comcast; Reasons behind the business failure of Adelphia.
- Adelphia Resets Plan. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on the changes in the fourth plan of reorganization filed by Adelphia Communications Corp. that it hopes will speed up its bankruptcy process and pave the way for its acquisition by Time Warner and Comcast Corp. Conditions set by the reorganization plan for bondholders; Reduction in the...
- Divvying Up Adelphia. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p15
The article reports on the restructuring of the operating divisions of Comcast Corp. following its acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. from Time Warner Inc. A New England division will be created while Comcast's Eastern Division, Midwestern Division and Western Division will be...
- Call Waiting. // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p2
Reports on the decision of Adelphia to cancel plans to launch voice-over Internet protocol service in some markets in the U.S. by the end of 2005 leaving the responsibilities to Comcast and Time Warner.
- BIG GUYS TO SPLIT UP ADELPHIA? // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the consideration of Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. to make a joint bid for Adelphia Communications Corp. Implications of buying Adelphia for Time Warner and Comcast; Agreement of Comcast to a deal that would trim the Time Warner Cable stake; Factors complicating the auction.
- Secured Creditors Balk at Adelphia's Plan. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p11
Reports on a motion filed by secured creditors, which calls for the termination of Adelphia Communications Corp.'s exclusive right to propose a plan of reorganization. Time given to companies in bankruptcy to file a reorganization plan; Banks opposing to Adelphia's plan; Deal structured by the...
- BAD RECEPTION. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the joint venture between two cable companies, Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. for the take over of the regional operations of bankrupt Adelphia Communications Corp. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Operations of two companies.