IFC Breaks Some Windows
- VOD In Peril? Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p130
Analyzes the impact of video-on-demand on the cable industry in the United States. Plan of Hollywood studios to distribute movies over the Internet; Implication for multiple system cable operators; Effect of film piracy over the Internet on the movie industry.
- First-Run VOD. // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p66
Lists the first-run and continuing movies in the video-on-demand window from the major studios in the U.S. that supply product to cable operators as of June 7, 2004.
- A SEDUCTIVE PATH TO THE LAUNCH PAD. // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p29
Video-on-demand (VOD) is often considered a beneficial feature for blockbuster U.S.-made movies and repurposed programming from cable networks. However, some independent start-up services struggling to gain distribution are using the technology to gain access to otherwise crowded analog and...
- Magistrate Report Could Weaken Piracy Case. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p10
Reports that United States magistrate in Nebraska recommended dropping the bulk of the charges in the anti-piracy case against members of the Abboud family. Implication of the action on the case against the businessmen; Criminal and financial penalties; Businessmen's ventures investigated by...
- A DIRTY LITTLE SECRET. // CED;Aug2001, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the advantages of installing interdiction devices to combat signal theft of the cable television industry in the U.S. Placement of RF oscillators; Enhancement of network management; Improvement of Internet access.
- Crossed wires. // Business News New Jersey;7/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the cable television piracy case dubbed Operation Cabletrap disclosed by United States Attorney Faith S. Hochberg and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Agent in Charge Barry W. Mawn.
- Show stealers. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/23/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6321, p64
Focuses on the issues of cable television piracy in Australia. Government policy over pay-TV piracy; Accessibility of the Australian households to pay-tV using a the hybrid fiber cables; Negotiation of the cable networks with the American studios.
- Taking aim to sink cable pirates. Meils, Cathy // Variety;03/09/98, Vol. 370 Issue 4, p34
Looks at the cable piracy in Czech Republic. Warning of EuroSport company to pull its signal off satellite and reselling to customers without payment; Legal action taken by KabelNet Inc. against private businesses.
- Crackdown on cable piracy--really. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;01/18/99, Vol. 373 Issue 9, p72
Unveils the plan of the Colombian government to tackle its cable piracy problem. Actions taken for unlicensed operators.