Demand Grows for Better VOD Measurement
- Comcast Takes Bold Steps. Haley, Kathy // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 47, p24
Focuses on the contributions of Comcast Cable's Spotlight division to cable television advertising. Impact of the company on consumer view of cable television broadcasting; Plan of the division to offer Adtag and Adcopy, tools that enable the company to divide a Ford spot television campaign...
- VOD Ads Move Forward. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/31/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the trends in advertising on video-on-demand (VOD) content. Lack of accurate demographic information on VOD usage; Plans of VOD programmers to work with advertisers to create new advertising units; Creation of tailored advertisements for VOD content.
- Ads On-Demand. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 30, p28
Deals with the plans of cable television operators in the U.S. to monetize free video-on-demand (VOD) through advertising. Forms of VOD advertising being used by cable operators; Decision of Nielsen to add VOD to its viewership statistics; Impact of VOD on the television advertising business. ...
- Operators, Advertisers And Programmers See Potential In Dynamic Ads. Farrell, Mike // Broadcasting & Cable;3/5/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p24
The article focuses on the optimism of television operators, advertisers and programmers on the usage of free video-on-demand (VOD).
- SeaSaw set to expand onto tablets and web-connected TVs this year. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;3/24/2011, p04
The article discusses the decision of TV catch-up aggregator SeeSaw to expand its service to tablet and Web-connected television (TV). The decision reportedly came after media agencies said that SeeSaw needed to embrace Web-connected TV to achieve additional audience to motivate advertisers....
- Business-on-demand. Robinson, Thomas G. // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p54
Discusses issues concerning marketing strategies of cable television operators in the U.S. Considerations in Internet advertising; Possible role of video-on-demand technology in attracting customers.
- Targeting With VOD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p10
Presents updates on the convergence of video on demand (VOD) technology and one-to-one advertising in the cable television industry the U.S. as of June 9, 2003. Plan of VOD technology providers to test targeted advertisement insertion into a VOD stream; Information on advertisement targeting;...
- Shreveport, La. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the state of the television advertising industry in Shreveport, Louisiana as of January 8, 2001. Growth in the local television broadcasting industry; Factors attributing to the growth in such industry sector; Market performance of various industry players.
- TV airtime cost falls to lowest rate since 1997. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;2/14/2003, Issue 7, p2
Reports on the decline in the cost of commercial television airtime. Reason behind the decline in the cost; Percentage decrease in the revenue of television station ITV1; Television deflation for some audiences since 1997.