Logo Off to Fast Start With Subs, Sponsors
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p22
Presents news briefs related to cable television marketing and advertising as of January 10, 2005. Appointment of Christopher Raleigh as senior vice president of advertising sales by GSN; Promotion of the NBC Weather Plus Channel by NBC Universal with the use of cable and broadcast networks;...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p22
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Distribution pace of the gay and lesbian premium service Here! TV in Southern California; Background on the Halo 2 Day programming of G4techTV for fans of the Halo 2 video game; Information on a talent...
- 'South' Scores Points With GLAAD, Viewers. Clark, Tim // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p32
Reports on the nomination of N cable television network's television program "South of Nowhere" to the outstanding drama series category during the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in 2006. Remarks of GLAAD entertainment media director Damon Romine on the program;...
- BRIGHT IDEAS...GAY CABLE NETWORK. Applebaum, Michael // Brandweek;4/5/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p54
Focuses on the plan of cable television company Viacom to reformat its MTV channel to a gay cable network. Mixed reactions towards the venture; Opinion of Joe Flint of the "Wall Street Journal" regarding the program; Proposed program line-up for the network.
- The new media plan in Korea. Hoare, Michael // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/10/2007, p146
The article focuses on various developments related to mass media in South Korea. It is mentioned that online media is South Korea's third largest advertising medium after television and newspapers, and it is still growing fast. The main recipients of Korea's motoring online advertisement...
- Disney adds platform. Rothrock, Vicki // Daily Variety;9/24/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 58, p10
This article reports that the Disney Channel will be available on a new platform in Japan, Sky PerfecTV!110 from November 18, 2004.
- St. Louis. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;5/12/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p24
Presents an update on the mass media market at St. Louis, Missouri as of May 2003. Metropolitan attractions in the area; Rank of the city's broadcast television market; Cable penetration in the area; Decline in the circulation of the newspaper 'St. Louis Post-Dispatch' of Pulitzer Inc.
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;2/21/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p3
The article presents news briefs on mass media markets, including cooling scatter pricing among U.S. national television broadcasters, a healthy scatter market among network cable television despite ratings declines, and increases in social networking presence among entertainment and automobile...
- Cable Deals With Incumbents. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/5/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p4
This article looks at issues surrounding the deals made by several cable networks within the U.S. television upfront marketplace. While a few cable advertising sales executives reported that they have registered incumbent deals, the prevailing sentiment is that cable will have to wait its turn...