Are your presentations packing enough punch?
- Selling is no longer just a matter of trickery. Strauss, Steven D. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/21/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p18
The article offers advice in making sales presentations. Sales personnel should remember that the more they know about who they are selling to, the easier their job will be. It is noted that one key to a successful sale is creating rapport quickly with the customer. The purpose of asking...
- Go from average to excellent when giving a presentation. Gage, Kathleen // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/7/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p9
The author offers guidelines for giving a sales presentation. She stresses that outstanding presenters have a systematic method of preparation that supervises them through the process. It also suggests to inspect items, such as microphone and sound system, in advance to make sure everything has...
- Give your presentations a boost with effective graphics. // Sell!ng;Jun2004, p14
Presents tips for sales people on preparing for sales presentation graphics. Introduction of an outline; Clarity of the message; Simplicity of the subject matter; Assessment of the effectiveness of the layout.
- Preparation Is Key To Your Presentation. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/5/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p21
Focuses on the creation of a sales presentation. Elements that make up a sales process; Overview of tips from a book about presentations; Information on several clues that will make a presentation strong.
- Show me the value or I'll show you the door. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/31/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 61, p11a
Provides tips for sales personnel in conducting a sales presentation in the U.S. Customer-based value proposition; Strategic parts of value proposition; Design of short-term incentives.
- What will you do to sell? Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;10/31/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p50
The article presents advice to sales personnel on avoiding mistakes in sales presentations. It emphasizes the importance for sales personnel to be a good listener in order to address the needs of customers. It reiterates the value of using memorable stories when selling. It suggests the use of...
- Slide show stupidity: Is that you at the top? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Inside Tucson Business;6/20/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p27
Gives advice to sales personnel on how make an effective PowerPoint sales presentation. Features of an effective sales presentation; Advantages of using PowerPoint; Ways of making engaging slides presentations.
- The Three Traps of Selling. Thull, Jeff // American Salesman;Sep2012, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p15
The article discusses the three traps of selling. They include the assumption trap, the presentation trap and the adversarial trap. It explores the basic elements of the conventional sales process used by sales organizations and sales people. The creation of presentations and proposals by sales...
- The microphone is your friend. Maxey, Cyndi; O'Connor, Kevin E. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p20
Provides tips for sales personnel on how to prepare a sales presentation. Use of a microphone for more power with the audience; Importance of training less experienced presenters and experts in the whys and hows of using their microphones; Use of quality equipment; Encouragement of a healthy...