NFPA's Premises Security Guide
- AT&T, Verizon Take on Legislation at the State Level in 2013. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2013, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that the Electronic Security Association (ESA) has announced that the ESA chapters, members and industry supporters may have to be on high alert during the 2013 state legislative sessions in the U.S. in view of the actions taken by state legislatures in 2012.
- ESA Pledges Stronger Conduct Stance. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p20
The article reports that a stricter code of ethics and stronger standards will be imposed by the Electronic Security Association (ESA) on its members to create more success for its member companies as well as enhance the image of their industry.
- CSAA Annual Meeting Another Big Hit. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the Central Station Alarm Association's annual meeting held in Lanai, Hawaii. Estimated number of attendees; Topics discussed; Guest speakers.
- ONVIF Releases New Application Programmer's Guide. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2011, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p118
The article focuses on the issuance of the Application Programmers Guide by ONVIF at the IFSEC 2011 trade show in Birmingham, England in May 2011 which covers different services such as discovery, setup, and administration.
- Move up into the Top Third. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p13
The author reflects on the concept of alarm management in the U.S. She asserts that non-response policies whether aimed at burglar alarms or fire detection systems go against the effort of the security industry. She appeals to the Americans to help the security sector on alarm management...
- Alarm Dealers Association Changes Name, Seeks Members. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2009, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p40
The article reports on the change of name of the Alarm Dealers Association to Electronic Security & Security Technology Association (ESTA) in the U.S. The name is described as a reflection of the wider range of business and services provided by the members of the association. Information on the...
- False Alarms--False Hope? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the security alarm industry's struggle in the U.S. to reduce false security alarms. Need for proper allocation of resources by the security alarm industry; Impact of false security alarms on the security alarm industry.
- Product Solutions Outdoor Protection. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
Features products for outdoor protection chosen by 'Security Magazine' editors. Philips' AutoDome camera; Silent Witness' V294A Angledome wedge style camera; Senstar-Stellar Corp.'s Perimitrax, an outdoor buried cable intrusion detection sensor; Delta Scientific's IP500 portable barriers.
- Extending the Perimeter. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Reports that security buyers have extended the perimeter monitored by electronic security systems. Increase use of sensors and detectors; Shift from contracted central station to monitoring to proprietary monitoring; Technology advances since September 11th.