INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- The Latest on Fees (1/1/04-6/21/04). // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/28/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p26
Presents charts depicting the mode of payment in merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. as of June 2004.
- What are mergers and acquisitions worth? Mackie, J. Jay; Oss, Monica E. // Behavioral Health Management;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the factors that analysts look for in determining whether merger and acquisition (M&A) make financial sense. Acquisition and valuation models that have been employed for publicly traded companies; Methods used for valuation of small private transactions; Acquisition terms as a...
- It's `all you can eat' in deal funding. Rock, Robert H. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p5
Discusses the availability of funds in the mergers and acquisitions (m&a) market. Opening of dealmaking; Trends of bank acquisition financing; Competition among banks for lending acquisition ventures; Entry of investment banks in financing acquisitions; Forecast on the availability of funds for...
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/26/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 26, p45
Presents statistics of the financial value of international merger transactions for the week of June 24, 2000. Most active acquiring nation; Global target volume by selected industry.
- A real-world focus in calculating terminal values. Barnes, Paul F. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on calculating terminal values in mergers and acquisitions. Equation description; Analysis of historical financial results; Rate of return on incremental investment. INSET: Into the future..
- Securitization in the financing of acquisitions. Sargent, Steven A. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on securitization in the financing of acquisitions. Segments in the securitization market; Reduction of interest costs; Basis points; Importance of timing. INSET: Getting company..
- BUYER BEWARE of Off-the-Books Funding. Coalier, Donna L. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 38, p20
Reprints the article "Buyer Beware of Off-the-Books Funding," by Donna L. Coallier, which appeared in the October 2002 issue of "Mergers & Acquisitions."
- Off to see the wizards. Sparks, Debra // FW;11/7/95, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p28
Offers some insights on the buyers who have offered megabucks for television networks and movie studios. Analysis of the financial position of Edgar Bronfman Jr. of Seagram's with 80 percent of MCA; Walt Disney's Michael Eisner buying Capital Cities/ABC for 19 billion; Time Warner's Gerry...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Global M. & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/11/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 43, p23
Presents data related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A) globally as of November 2002. List of most active aquiring nations; Global target volume of selected industries; Ranking of global target M&A adviser; List of the U.S. buyers in Europe.
- Tasty stocks that may be gobbled for yummy gains of 25% or more. Fitch, Malcolm // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p67
Discusses the number of companies in the United States to go through mergers or acquisitions in 1997. Price and earnings rations; Incentives to use stocks for takeovers; Mention of WorldCom and MCI. INSET: Whether the hunter or the hunted, GTE..., by Susan Scherreik..