Street Misses Out On Peso Revolution
- LatAm FX: Majors Looking Good Against US Dollar. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/9/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p10
The article presents an assessment of Latin American foreign exchange. Its pace of appreciation since the start of 2012 will pave the way for a period of consolidation over the very short term. The medium-term technical look for Latin American foreign exchange is described as increasingly...
- Mexico: CPI A Bit High, So Look For 25bps Cut. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/16/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p16
The article reports on the performance of the consumer price index of Mexico in 2005. It offers information on the strength of the Mexican peso. It also provides information on the impact of the reduction of inflation on the bond market. It also reports on the prospects for the local versus...
- FX Intervention, But For How Long? // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p4
The article considers the concerns over the central bank intervention in the Mexican peso in 2009. The decision to intervene was said to be prompted by the record low foreign exchange rate of the Mexican peso on February 4. External debt markets are reportedly becoming expensive due to the rise...
- Mexico: Sentiment Improving Towards Local Debt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/22/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p12
The article forecasts an improvement of sentiment towards Mexico's local debt. Several factors which could see peso-denominated debt continue to perform strongly are its inclusion in the global bond index, a benign inflationary environment, resilience of the peso, and the potential change in how...
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p19
Presents charts on the international foreign exchange market data and benchmark bonds as of December 15, 2004. Exchange rates of the Mexican peso in 2003; Value of the bonds from the Republic of Chile in 2004; Amount of yield given by the U.S. for a span of 10 years.
- Dollar Falls Below 11 Pesos. // Business Mexico;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
Reports that the value of the American dollar fell against the Mexican peso in March 2005 due to global investments in Mexico. Positive effects of remittances; Increase in interest rates by the Mexican Central Bank; Global investments in Mexican bonds.
- Reforming the International Financial System. Powell, James // Bank of Canada Review;Spring2001, p7
Outlines the issues regarding institutional and policy reform that have been discussed at the international level and the steps taken to strengthen the international financial system. Overview of the Mexican peso crisis in December 1994; Crisis prevention; Crisis management.
- Competitiveness Fears Will Continue. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p10
Forecasts the performance of the Mexican peso against the U.S. dollar as of September 2003. Factors which will contribute to uncertainty in the performance of the Mexican economy; Impact of the decline in exports; Implications of the decision of the central bank to hold its monetary policy.
- BMI VIEW: LATIN AMERICA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/4/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p5
The article analyzes the condition of foreign exchange in Mexico as of December 4, 2006. A short-term weakness has been displayed by the Mexican peso in November 2006, falling to MXN11.12/$1 and deteriorating by almost 3 percent over the course of the month. But it has bounced off key support at...