Inside ASKRAE Standard 155P
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code NDT requirements. Nisbet, Ronald // Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring;Oct2015 Supplement NDT News, p4
The article discusses the release of 2015 edition of the "ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code" by American Society of Mechanical Engineers, which contains information on qualification requirements for nondestructive evaluation certification.
- New rules on fire-proofing. James, Brian // Heating & Ventilating Review;Sep2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p25
The article focuses on test standards for ducting. The purpose of the standard is explained, as well as the significant changes as a result of its replacement with harmonised European standards. The Product Construction Standard is presented along with the Fire Duct Test Standards. Requirements...
- ANSI, National Consensus Standards & ASSE Participation as Secretariat. // Professional Safety;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p11
Discusses how the American National Standards Institute, American Society of Safety Engineers, and the National Consensus Standards interact to produce standards used by safety professionals in the United States. Responsibilities of a secretariat; Review and revision of standards; Facilitation...
- New efficiency standard proposed for furnaces, boilers. // LP/Gas;Sep2004, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p38
Announces that the U.S. Department of Energy is considering a rule that would institute revised minimum efficiency standards for gas furnaces and boilers. Opportunities for interested parties to comment on the proposal; Contact information.
- Coming Soon: More Efficient, Cleaner Outdoor Wood Boilers. Gulland, John // Mother Earth News;Spring2008 Special Issue, p14
The article focuses on efforts to manufacture energy-efficient outdoor wood boilers, a popular heating solution in some rural areas. The heating solution emits at least 20 times more smoke than woodstoves certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) according to the Northeast...
- CODES & STANDARDS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2011, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p12
The article offers updates related to engineering codes and standards in the U.S. including the publication of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers' (ASHRAE) Guideline 10-2011 and the pre-publication sale of American Society of Plumbing Engineers' (ASPE)...
- SAE standards on CD-ROM. // Products Finishing;Aug97, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p136
Reports on the availability of Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standards on compact disc-Read Only Memory (CD-ROM). What standards are used for.
- NARTE sets the standard for EMC engineers. Romanchik, Dan // Test & Measurement World;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the establishment of the standard for electromagnetic compatibility engineers by the National Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers (NARTE) in the U.S. Requirements for the NARTE certification; Tips in passing the NARTE test; Advice of NARTE-certified engineer Don...
- SCTE Expands Efforts To Set Cable's Specs. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p43
Reports on the expansion of the standardization efforts of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers. Addition of high-profile specifications; Ties with cable operators.