Best of Show: 9
- Apocalypse 9. Wolff, Ellen // Animation;Oct2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p26
The article focuses on the creation of the computer animated film "9," directed by Shane Acker. It indicates the effort of Acker in presenting the back-story of the film through visuals. It indicates the significant role played by the architecture, lighting system, and camerawork in creating the...
- Acker to helm 'Beasts'. Kroll, Justin // Daily Variety;2/21/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 31, p4
The article reports that the animated film based on the Dark Horse comic series "Beasts of Burden" will be directed by "9" director Shane Acker.
- A Stitch in Time. Moltenbrey, Karen // Computer Graphics World;Sep2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p36
The article reviews the film "9," directed by Shane Acker.
- '9'. Honeycutt, Kirk // Hollywood Reporter;8/18/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 6, p8
The article evaluates the film "9" directed by Shane Acker and produced by Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov.
- Focus counts '9' as first animated feature. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;7/22/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that Universal's specialty film arm Focus Features is getting into the animation business, backing the animation film "9," directed by Shane Acker and produced by Tim Burton. Focus will take world rights on the movie. Based on Acker's short of the same name, the surreal...
- 9. // Entertainment Weekly;7/24/2009, Issue 1057, p35
This article reviews the animated film "9" directed by Shane Acker and featuring the voices of Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly and Jennifer Connelly, which will be released in September 2009.
- Co-production shuffle. Deneroff, Harvey // Hollywood Reporter;10/3/95, Vol. 339 Issue 12, pA-46
Presents comments of executives on animated film co- production. Finding the right partners; Marriage of styles and shared beliefs about the marketplace; Problems from a financial or creative point of view.
- Gamers fine-toon new pic form in machinima. Bloom, David // Variety;8/12/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the trend in producing machinima, animated films created with software from high-end videogames that let players create their own levels. Selection of venues for machinima; Outlook on machinima production.
- In search of the real stories behind summer's vfx peacocks. Grove, Chris // Animation;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p52
Reports developments in the production of animated films in the U.S. Use of technology to create quality films; Number of shots contributed by Digital Dimension Inc. to the motion picture "Mr. & Mrs. Smith"; Prevalence of animators using technology in making animated films.