DO JUDGES NEED PROTECTION?: LEGISLATIVE AND JUDICIAL RESPONSES TO THE PROTECT ACT'S FEENEY AMENDMENT
- Bill screws edgy art. Perelle, Robin // Xtra (Toronto);10/16/2003, Issue 495, p17
Reports on a federal legislative bill that would strike the artistic merit defense from the Canada's laws against child sexual exploitation. Statement from University of British Columbia professor Lorraine Weir about the bill; Provision of the law regarding artistic merit defense; Effect of...
- In honor of Nixzmary Brown. Johnson, Stephon // New York Amsterdam News;9/17/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 38, p3
The article reports on the passage of the Senate Bill 6091 or the Nixzmary Brown Bill for the awareness of parents, teachers, and children on the horrible fate of the 7-year-old girl Nixzmary Brown has met in Brooklyn, New York City. It states that the bill entitled the people who treat a child...
- Reporting Suspected Child Abuse Bill Awaits Governor's Signature. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);3/16/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p5
The article focuses on Senate Bill 161 which is concerned with the reporting of suspected child abuse to proper authorities within limited time frame.
- Policy guidelines for decision making in... Besharov, D.J. // Children Today;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p7
Policy guidelines for improved reporting and investigating of suspected child abuse and neglect. In most states no new laws need be passed--only changes in child protective agency administrative procedures and training manuals.
- Sexual child abuse and custody. Conciatore, J. // Single Parent;Jul/Aug87, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
The realities of sexual child abuse. False accusation. Looks at the legal ramifications of one spouse falsely accusing the other of sexual child abuse in order to gain custody. The problem is complicated by the real need to protect children. VOCAL (Victims of Child Abuse Laws); Effect on...
- Confidentiality and child abuse. // Christian Century;2/19/86, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p174
Clergy confidentiality may be in danger as the nation's concern with child abuse increases. Mandatory reporting laws will become a battle ground for the conflicting interests of Church and state.
- Confidentiality & mandatory reporting. // Christian Century;6/18/86 - 6/25/86, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p582
A false dilemma? Discusses child abuse and how clergy confidentiality should not be used as a way of keeping the abuse secret and avoiding the fact of accountability.
- Protecting children--and their families--from abuse: The... Rains, Robert E. // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Spring91, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p255
Provides information about the Cleveland crisis and the England's Children Act of 1989. Law for the protection of children before the 1989 Act; Story behind the Cleveland crisis; Information about the Act's welfare and non-intervention principle; Considerations for future efforts to deal with...
- Epidemic of child abuse. // Newsweek;8/20/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p44
By the weekend, authorities said that a total of 30 children, ages 4 to 8, may have been abused at the Puerto Rican Association for Community Affairs day-care center in the Bronx, run by the Puerto Rican Association for Community Affairs. The arrest of three day-care-center workers on charges...