Dolan: 'I Vant to Be Alone'
- VOOM LOWERS BOOM. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/27/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the decline in Cablevision System Corp.'s share price after it decided to mortgage its cable television assets in order to pay for its Voom high-definition venture in the U.S. Reactions of Cablevision investors to the decision; Criticism of the company's failure to protect...
- Cablevision shows competitive spirit. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;9/17/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 75, p1
Reports on the consideration of Cablevision to sell the flagship cable franchise to fellow New York area cabler AOL Time Warner. Effect of the announcement on company stocks; Reaction of analysts to the news; Plans of monetizing some company assets.
- Dolans Raise Bid For Cablevision. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/15/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p76
The article reports on a bid by the Dolan family, controlling shareholders of Cablevision Systems Corp. To take the company private. The Dolans are said to have presented a deal containing an 11 percent increase over their previous bid to Cablevision's board of directors, terming it their final...
- THE DOLAN EFFECT. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the effect of the buyout proposal of the Dolan family for Cablevision on the stocks of cable businesses in the U.S. as of June 2005. Increase in the stock of Cablevision after announcing the proposal; Impact of the buyout proposal on the stocks of Comcast and Medicom.
- Takeover rumors boost Cablevision. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/30/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 49, p1A
Reports on the rise in publicly traded stocks of cable network provider Cablevision Systems Corp. as of December 6, 2001. Speculations concerning the possible merger of the company with a media company; Plans of the company to improve its financial performance; Business activities of the company.
- CABLEVISION SCORES. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the increase in stocks of cable operator Cablevision Systems in June 2005 on news that a state commission blocked the construction of a football stadium in Manhattan, New York. Value of the football stadium; Reaction of investors to the event; Impact of the proposed stadium on...
- Take That Verizon. // CableFAX Daily;2/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the increase in the speed of the high speed cable television services offered by cable services firm CableVision to its customers starting February 2006. Amount being charged for the increase; Information on the premium service offered by the company to its customers.
- Where's the Growth? Increasingly, MSOs Are Looking to Business Services. // CableFAX Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p1
Reports on the actions being taken by multisystem operator to maximize the cable industry's biggest potential growth driver in applications like streaming video and mobile services. Problems Business Services divisions face; Survey conducted by the commercial marketing division of Cablevision...
- Business Pricing:. // CableFAX Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p2
Provides information on the financial implication for Cablevision when it allow its cable television subscribers to pay the same price as residential customers. Reason for the approach to pricing business services; Willingness of businesses to pay premium for business service.