- Utah, Iowa Tee Up Muni Providers. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p10
Reports that the Board of Water, Electric and Communications Trustees in Muscatine, Iowa has approved the purchase of the local cable system from cable television network Mediacom Communications Corp. as of December 2002. Details of the purchase agreement; Amount paid by the board to Mediacom...
- Mediacom Plans Outlays for Upgrades, Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the budget allocated by Mediacom Communications Corp. for expanding its subscriber base in systems adjacent to its existing properties. Investments in plant upgrades in 2000; Letters of intent to purchase systems.
- Spencer; Iowa, Shapes Up as Battleground. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;07/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p28
Focuses on Mediacom Communications Corp.'s marketing strategy in Spencer, Iowa. Offer of price reduction, increase in channel lineup and introduction of cable and high-speed Internet access; Subscription goal before the fall 2000 launch by Spencer Municipal Utilities of a municipal system;...
- Original series help cement a network's brand. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p28
Reports the importance of original series in branding a cable network. Status of the television shows; Performance of the cable networks; Growth profit of the cable networks.
- Cablevision Plans to Join Dish 'Winback' Rolls. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the increase in revenues of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the second semester in the United States. Revision of cable systems' cash-flow forecasting; Plans of MSO on a modem-leasing program; Factors affecting DBS growth rates.
- Prime Numbers. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Reports that ESPN led all cable channels in the United States in advertising revenue in November 2002, according to Kagan World Media. Leading networks that generated more than half of their advertising revenues during the nighttime hours; Only network that generated a significant amount of its...
- Honeymoon in Vegas. Brown, Roger // CED;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the impact of the Consumer Electronics Show on the cable television industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of the event; Emphasis on the Go2Broadband project; Availability of the advanced services to consumers.
- How Much Will Consumers Pay? A Hedonic Analysis of the Cable Television Industry. Anstine, Diane Bruce // Review of Industrial Organization;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p129
Develops a modified hedonic framework that determines the marginal willingness to pay by consumers for individual cable networks. Cable television operator's cable programming services; Importance of regional differences in determining demand for cable; Consumers' willingness to pay for more...
- Rebate Settle Suit in Ky. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p22
Reports that past and present cable customers in Jefferson County, Kentucky will receive rebates to resolve a class action lawsuit over an improper passage of property taxes. Effect of the resolution on consumers; Complaints of local franchising authorities against the taxes; Reactions of...