EchoStar's Ergen Hires a COO
- Ergen Chats Draw a Crowd. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;8/15/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p30
Highlights the management style of Charlie Ergen, chairman and CEO for EchoStar Communications Corp. Efforts of Ergen to conduct periodic conference calls; Acknowledgment of missteps regarding the company's partnership with SBC Communications; Involvement in hiring Michael Neuman as COO and...
- EchoStar sets 2 top officials. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 57, p5
Reports on the appointment of Michael Neuman as president and chief operating officer and Carl Vogel as vice chairman of EchoStar Communications Corp. in the U.S.
- Top EchoStar Execs Dish About the Then and Now. // Multichannel News;4/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p36
Presents a discussion with several executives of EchoStar Communications Corp. regarding the success of Dish Network direct-broadcast satellite service in the U.S. Enumeration of the risks taken on behalf of the network by chairman and CEO Charlie Ergen; Challenge in the retention of its...
- It's good to be boss. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p16
Reports that EchoStar Chairman Charlie Ergen has hosted an all-expenses paid Caribbean sailing vacation for his top 100 dealers and their guests. Highlights of the week-long junket; EchoStar spokewoman Judianne Atencio's comments on Ergen's relationship with his dealers.
- EchoStar jumps into the DBS fray. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/5/96, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p54
Presents an interview with EchoStar Communications Corp. head Charlie Ergen on the company's strategy for its entry into the direct broadcast satellite business. EchoStar's purchase of broadcast rights for the 148 degrees orbital slot at an auction conducted by the US Federal Communications...
- EchoStar's Revolving Door Spins Again. Moss, Linda; Gibbons, Kent; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on the resignation of Echostar Communications Corp. Chief Operating Officer Michael Neuman. The response of senior analyst Jimmy Schaeffler to the move is described. The appointment of Michael Dugan as chief technology officer is reported. Personal information about Neuman is...
- Dish Distant-Signal Challenge Falls Short. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p22
Reports the challenge of chief executive officer Charlie Ergen of EchoStar Communications Corp. to the federal law in the U.S. Regulation of accessibility to distant network signals; Statement issued by the company toward the action of the high court for refusing to hear the case; Expectations...
- It's Show Time for Ergen. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p26
The article reports on the approaching launching of EchoStar's SlingModem at the Cable Show in New Orleans, Louisiana, in May 2008. Accordingly, the product, which is certified by CableLabs, will be demonstrated at the event by EchoStar's chief executive officer, Charlie Ergen. The article...
- Rocket man. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/97, Vol. 127 Issue 42, p78
Editorial. Talks about EchoStar Communications Corp.'s Charlie Ergen's hopes of delivering local television signals in the United States via his company's satellites. Permission sought from the government and local broadcasters; Big gamble for Ergen.