TV Gateway Group's Second Chapter
- Television service providers in the Tucson area. Yager, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;08/09/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p16
Presents a chart related to top eight television service providers in Tucson, Arizona ranked by number of subscribers.
- Top cable companies in New York City. Cullen, Jennifer Felser; Bouillon, Nathalie // Crain's New York Business;1997 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 53, p27
Presents a list of the top cable television companies in New York City, ranked by the number of subscribers in 1996.
- FCC Grants EAS Waivers to Small Ops. Enrich, David // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p43
Focuses on the rule set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for small cable operators in participating the national Emergency Alert System (EAS) in the U.S. Complaints of the small operators on the technological upgrades set by FCC; Date for the extension of the deadline; Companies...
- Cable Competition Waltzes Across Texas. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the competition among cable television networks in Texas. Participation of the Western Integrated Networks LLC, Grande Communications and WideOpen West (WOW) LLC franchises; Implications of the competition for the consumers; Details on the Forth Worth agreement with WOW; Preparation...
- Competing news services vie for station loyalty. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p44
Focuses on the strategies employed by cable television networks to succeed in a competitive TV market in the United States. Effect of the joint venture between ABC, CBS and Fox network on the insurance policy of Cable News Network (CNN); Launch of the CNN Marketsource, a live stock-market...
- Operator good will is the real prize. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p36
Announces that ZDTV, a computer oriented cable channel which will be launched in 1998, plans to sponsor the first competition to find the best Web site created by a cable operator in the United States. Winners to be honored at the 1997 Western Cable Show in California; Who will judge...
- Cable dodges rate regs. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;07/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the increasing cable rates in the United States (US). US House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce a bill intended to keep cable rates down; US Congress' effort to find a way to introduce competition into the cable industry.
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR8
Focuses on the competition between music cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic. Features of MuchMusic's upcoming program lineup in June 2001; Comparison on the number of their subscribers.
- Channel 5 plans screen jibe at ITV's early evening news. // Marketing Week;3/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the competition between television stations ITV and Channel 5 in Great Britain. Comparison of the early evening news of the television stations.