RELIGIOUS AND FAITH-BASED NETWORKS AT A GLANCE
- NETWORKS & PROGRAMS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p34
Presents a list of religious television networks and programs in the U.S., including Christian Television Network and Cornerstone Television.
- Religious satcasters put TV on the front line. Jaafar, Ali // Variety;3/27/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 6, Special Section pA1
The article focuses on the popularity of religious television shows across the Middle East in 2006. It offers information on the success of the Al-Manar satellite broadcaster. It also mentions the consideration by satellite broadcasters of venturing into game shows, sports programming and soap...
- Notes on church-state affairs: Romania. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Summer94, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p634
Reports on the United States-based Christian Broadcast Network's plan to sue Romanian television for the latter's refusal to broadcast Easter programs it had agreed to show.
- A Network for Yahweh. // Time;7/21/1975, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p79
The article focuses on the television talk show "700 Club," which is televised in Portsmouth, Virginia for a growing audience in 38 cities. Marion Gordon Robertson, president of Christian Broadcasting Network, buys time on 35 affiliated stations in the country to air the show and his other...
- The Effects of Digital Environments on Religious Television Stations. Schultz, Bradley E. // Journal of Communication & Religion;Mar2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p50
This study sought to investigate the effects of the government mandated transfer from analog to digital broadcasting, as it pertains to religious television stations. The study measured attitudes of religious broadcasting executives through a mail survey and had three hypotheses: digitization...
- TVA runs smoothly with help from Kaydara's mediastore. Beaudoin, Guy // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p102
Deals with the media-server system purchased by television network TVA. Features of the system; Tools included in the system; Applications of the media-server systems at TVA.
- Big brother is watching--TV. Aiken, L. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1992, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p5
Reveals the Pentagon has established its own television news network, Defense Intelligence Network, DIN, which broadcasts a top secret roundup of world events for an audience of about 1,000 defense intelligence and operations officers in the Pentagon and at 19 other US-based military commands. ...
- In the land of grits, a TV trend is born. Parker, Suzi // Christian Science Monitor;9/14/99, Vol. 91 Issue 202, p2
Offers information on the scheduled launch of Turner South, a regional television network.
- Telewizja Polska goes digital. // TVB Europe;Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the agreement of National Polish public broadcaster Telewizja Polska SA with Drake Automation and NDS to build a distribution system using digitally compressed television signals on a satellite transponder. Features of the transmitter sites; Location of the control system for...