Queer Eye for the Marketing Guy
- ARGENTINA GETS GAY TV PROGRAM. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;1/28/1999, pN.PAG
Reports on the launch of "Ideas," a television program that cater to the GLBT community on TCI Cablevision in Argentina. Background on a Web site on gays incorporated in the program; Percentage of Argentines who have access to cable television, as of January 1999.
- Gayfecta. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;11/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 222, p2
The article provides information on Q TV, the first metro-area cable systems to program all 3 national services targeting the gay/lesbian communities, launched by Time Warner Cable in Maine and New York.
- Gay Cable Channel here! Is Here in Upstate N.Y. // Empty Closet;Jul2006, Issue 392, pB3
Reports on the launch of a cable television channel in New York that cater to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community, available on channel 453. Abolition of the QTN channel.
- THEY ONCE ROAMED FREELY. // Xtra (Toronto);10/30/2003, Issue 496, p23
Provides an update on events and issues related to GLBT arts as of October 30, 2003. Information on the art exhibition "Artists' Echoes: Contemporary Responses to the ROM's Collections," at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto; Highlights of Arts Vote, a report on candidates running in the...
- The Goose Is Loose! Chanak, Michael // Word (Word Publications - Ted Fleischaker);Sep2014, p6
The author discusses developments in the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community, particularly in Cincinnati, Ohio, as of September 2014. He claims that twittering or using the Facebook have replaced the press, radio and cable television as venues for debate in the community. He...
- MTV Networks announce Logo, network geared toward gays and lesbians. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/3/2004, Issue 858, p26
Reports on the February 2005 launch-date for Logo, a MTV Networks-backed basic cable network aimed at the gay and lesbian community in the U.S. Specific programming plans for the network; Traditional Values Coalition's plan to boycott any Logo advertisers.
- LOGO Hosts Gay Presidential Debate. // DaKine;Aug2007, Issue 104, p26
The article reports on a presidential debate dealing with gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) issues to be hosted by LOGO, the national gay cable network in the U.S. LOGO collaborates with the Human Rights Campaign (HCR) in airing the debate on August 9, 2007. Participants in the...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.