In From the Cold
- Bring back queer television. Brownworth, Victoria A. // Bay Area Reporter;6/24/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 25, p74
The article offers insights related to television programs including the lack of gay characters in television shows and the news regarding the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Brazilian gays stage kiss-in. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/17/2005, Issue 934, p37
The article reports that gays have staged a kiss-in outside Brazil's Congress after a TV network censored a widely anticipated kiss between two male characters on the popular TV series "AmÃ©rica."
- Gay TV, Straight Up. Karpel, Ari // Advocate;Oct2011, Issue 1053, p16
The article discusses the lack of openly gay characters on fall 2011 broadcast television shows including "Good Christian Belles" on the ABC network, "Allen Gregory" on the Fox network, and "The Playboy Club" on the NBC network.
- Study: Gay characters scant presence in new U.S. TV season. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/15/2005, Issue 925, p30
Reports that 16 gay, lesbian and bisexual characters are depicted in a network television series scheduled for the 2005-2006 season. Small increase compared to previous year, but still inadequate, according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
- Ring in the new on a lavender tube! Brownworth, Victoria A. // Bay Area Reporter;1/7/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses on the use of television to broadcast different programs about LGBT people, and its impact to the viewers.
- Where we are now. Brophy, Stephen // Bay Windows;5/29/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p26
Provides information on the television program 'In the Life,' which deals with ways gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people are represented in the media. Series of reports based on the concept of politics of the body; Characters included in the program; Difficulties faced by the aging...
- Progress on Television. Gullickson, Glenn // Echo Magazine;10/29/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p12
In this article the author focuses on the developments on the portrayal of gay characters on television in the U.S. He cites the progress in the presence of gay characters in soap operas and stories of LGBT characters. The author also noted that soaps, primetime shows and advertising on...
- 'Race' features amazing father-son duo. FORMAN, ROSS // Windy City Times;2/11/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p22
The article reports that the LGBT community is represented on three teams at the 13th season of the reality television show "The Amazing Race."
- Broadcast TV a Little Less Gay. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;8/21/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p7
This article presents information on the annual report on diversity for the broadcast networks' primetime series in the U.S., which was released by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. The group analyzed the 95 prime-time comedies and dramas slated to air in the new season on ABC, CBS,...