Starz Plex Stand-Up Show
- UPN adding Monday comedy night. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/96, Vol. 126 Issue 21, p15
Reports on UPN's decision to expand its comedy line-up to Monday nights for its 1996-7 season. Target audience for comedy programs; Connection to the success of `Moesha;' Names of comedies in the line-up; Return of `Star Trek: Voyager' for the season; Comments from Michael Sullivan, a...
- Frisky Frog leaps to get fall's last laugh. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;9/14/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 10, pA19
Reports on the focus of the Warner Bros. Network in relaunching its Friday night and Sunday night comedy blocks in the United States. Recreation of the famed TGIF lineup of young-skewing comedies of ABC; Reality programs prepared; Movement of the 'Gilmore Girls' into another timeslot.
- Laffs bring nets smiles. // Daily Variety;9/26/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 55, p1
The article reports on the plan of broadcast networks to air comedy television programs on Fridays to increase their ratings in the U.S.
- TBS says 'Uncle,' calls Cole. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;2/4/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 13, p5
The article reports on new television projects of various networks in the U.S. including Turner Broadcasting System Inc.'s (TBS) hourlong comedy pilot "Uncle Nigel," starring Gary Cole, the return of actress Sarah Chalke in American Broadcasting Co.'s (ABC) comedy project "Freshmen," and CBS...
- Old comedies get new format. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
Reports that a consortium of television stations is negotiating with Paramount Domestic Television to pick up a package of up-converted classic television sitcoms.
- Peacock picks up Thurs. comedy trio. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;3/8/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 34, p15
The article informs that National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) has renewed its Thursday television comedies for next season which include "The Office," "Community," and "30 Rock".
- Comedy Central shows. // Electronic Media;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p28
States that there will be an additional five series in the summer of 1997 to the `Comedy Central' cable television network. Reason for additional series.
- USA Network lightens up. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p8
Reports on cable television network USA Network's plan to broadcast a comedy television program. Details of the planned program `Brown Parcels of Land'; Background on the network's reputation as a broadcaster of drama programs.
- LIFETIME MAKING ROOM FOR ORIGINAL LAFFERS. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;03/30/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 23, p4
Reports on Lifetime Television's efforts to develop original television comedies for airing in the United States in 2002. Lifetime's success in developing original dramas; Overview of the comedy projects being developed by the network.