Free VOD Gets in Gear
- Comcast Sets the VOD-Content Standard. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p42
Provides information on the video-on-demand (VOD) lineup of Comcast Corp. as of December 13, 2004. Award given by the periodical "Multichannel News" to the company; Number of shows which will be available to Comcast's VOD-capable subscribers by 2004; Information on the on-demand sports package...
- MaxPreps, Comcast Team Up. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p10
The article reports on the partnership of the high school sports website www.MaxPreps.com with cable operator Comcast Corp. to supply video-on-demand (VOD) content in Houston, Texas. It notes that MaxPreps.com is producing segments that can be accessed for free by Comcast Digital Cable...
- ESPN Touts Time-Shifted VOD Games. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p16
Reports the strategy to increase viewing opportunities concerning the video-on-demand business by ESPN in the U.S. Acquisition of the National Basketball Association package; Offer of ESPN library and game footage to operators; Alteration of the college basketball games schedule.
- It's Not So Easy Being ESPN. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p50
Reports on the issue of rights being considered by the cable sports channel ESPN to determine which programs and events it has the right to offer via video-on-demand in the U.S. as of October 2002. Views of ESPN executive Matt Murphy on the rights issue; Programs and events which can be offred...
- A Channel for All Sports Seasons. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p26
Presents updates on the U.S. sports cable television network NFL Network as of February 7, 2005. List of the companies which NFL Network has distribution deals with; Information on its video-on-demand service during the regular season; Company plans for 2006.
- Sportskool Leaps A Big Hurdle. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p51
Focuses on the successful launch of sportskool, a sports instructional cable television network in the U.S., from Comcast Corp. Number of video-on-demand homes where the network is available; Comparison of sportskool's launch with its sister network Mag Rack which was launched without a Comcast...
- Comcast Grows Sports Empire. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the efforts of Comcast Corp. in assembling a nationwide string of regional sports networks as of October 2004. Key features of the company's California channel Comcast SportsNet West; Partnership with the owners of the major sports teams in Chicago, Illinois; Video on demand package...
- COMCAST LAUNCHES NEO CRICKET IN CALIFORNIA MARKET. // India -- West;12/17/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, pB31
The article reports on the move of information and communication products and services provider Comcast Corp. to launch the world's first television cricket channel NEO Cricket which brings live coverage of international and local cricket matches played in India and other premium events.
- Vandals Hit Comcast in Detroit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p74
Reports the outrage of executives from Comcast Corp. Southeast Division on the vandals of the Detroit system in Michigan. Impact of the vandal to subscribers watching Game five of the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup Finals; Complication on the repair work for broadband plants.