Mich. Agency Gives Lift to BPL Providers
- Taiwan's NCC sets out broadband development targets. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that Taiwan National Communications Commission (NCC) chairperson Su Herng has unveiled Taiwan's target for developing its broadband infrastructure.
- Irish average broadband speeds continue to increase. // FttX;Dec2014, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p5
The article discusses the increase in average broadband speeds in Ireland as of December 2014 as reported by the Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) in Ireland.
- Google's search all about speed. Walsh, Dustin // Crain's Detroit Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that Google Inc. is planning to install experimental high speed broadband networks in several states of the U.S. The network which is expected to be 100 faster would serve residents and government agencies. Companies with minimum red tape and protocols related to permission...
- Sharing Fat Pipes. Lohrmann, Dan // Public CIO;Oct2009, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p42
The author discusses the opportunities opened by higher Internet bandwidth to state and local government agencies in the U.S. He says that even with the shrinking technology budgets, state and local governments can realize savings with an increased Internet bandwidth because it can allow them to...
- Blair promises boost to broadband. Greek, Dinah // Information World Review;Dec2002, Issue 186, p1
Reports on the broadband revolution promised by Great Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair. Vision of Prime Minister Blair; Benefits of the broadband plan; Information on a taskforce developed within the department of trade.
- More Broadband on the Horizon for Indian Country. // American Indian Report;Jun2010, p9
The article details the plan of the U.S. Government to double the amount of wireless spectrum available in tribal communities. On June 28, 2010, a Presidential Memorandum was issued which discusses how federal agencies will be able to free up 500 megahertz (MHz) of federal and non-federal...
- Germany's 2012 Digital Satellite Transition Effort Shows Promising Results. Schumann, Kirsten // Satellite News;6/2/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p2
The article reports on the plan of German broadcast government agencies to work with commercial broadcast giants RTL Group SA and Pro-7 Group to broadcast their digital satellite programming in compliance with the country's analog-to-digital satellite transition. It states that the move to...
- ATM charges: UK government's position criticized but correct. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Sep2005, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p115
This article reports that the British government has come under fire for its warmth towards the independent asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) sector. There has been much debate around the issue of independently owned ATMs lately. Consumer groups have argued that charging fixed fees for...
- THE DEMOGRAPHICS OF BROADBAND RESIDENTIAL CONSUMERS IN A BRITISH LOCAL COMMUNITY: THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HILLINGDON. Choudrie, Jyoti; Dwivedi, Yogesh K. // Journal of Computer Information Systems;Summer2005, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p93
This study empirically examines the socio-economic attributes of the residential (household) consumers of broadband technologies in a local community (the London Borough of Hillingdon) in the UK. Five demographic characteristics to provide insights of broadband adopters and non-adopters were...