BET In Spotlight at 'POP' Awards
- MTV 'Fight For Your Rights: Protect Yourself.' // Multichannel News;4/7/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p8
Focuses on the Joel A. Berger Award given by Cable Television Public Affairs Association to the cable television network MTV for its public-affairs initiative that creates AIDS awareness in local communities. Information about origin of the award; Crucial part of MTV campaign on sexual health;...
- Cable nets hand out awards for branding. Dempsey, John // Variety;04/20/98, Vol. 370 Issue 10, p21
Provides information on the Music Television (MTV) Video Music Awards, a cable-network show in New York. Comments on the show; Why awards shows are valued according to Tim Spengler of Western International Media; Cable events that have improved their audience delivery; Reason for inventing the...
- PROGRAMMING: BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p25
Presents news briefs related to cable industry in the U.S. as of April 28, 2003. Score of Chappelle's Show in its first season for a Comedy Central original series; Remodeling of reality game show of TBS Superstation, with a little help from Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse; Schedule of...
- CABLE CONNECTS, BASICALLY. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;7/19/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 33, p20
Reports on the growing number of Emmy Award nominations for basic cable television companies in the United States. Increase in quality production of television programs; Competition posed to the big four television networks; Existence of a category between premium cable and broadcast television.
- Calendar. // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p80
A calendar of events in the U.S. in 2011 is presented including The Cable Show 2011 in Illinois from June 14-16, the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications Annual Awards Breakfast in Chicago on June 16, and The Independent Show in California from July 24-27.
- A Great Night at 'the office' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;2/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the Golden Globe Awards won by BBC America, a cable television network for its comedy series "The Office." Views of Paul Lee, CEO of BBC America on the award received by "The Office"; Plans of BBC America for "The Office"; Other winners at the Golden Globe Awards.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p19
Rates the cable television shows in the United States, according to Nielsen, for the week of August 22-28, 1994. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox.
- The WB's mulitplexing plan. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Reports plans of WB cable network to multiplex several programs in the U.S. Percentage of unit prices for the second play; Reference to the experience of the network in multiplexing the program 'Charmed'; Selection of series by producers.
- mr. weatherman. Ardren, Bob // Sarasota Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on issues related to the telecast of a program segment on the cable television network Weather Channel in Sarasota, Florida. Identification of the person appearing in the segment; Professional responsibilities of the person appearing in the program segment.