Lifetime Drives Girls to 'Beach'
- ITV chief calls on clients to use TV. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/22/2001, p2
Reports the call from marketing and commercial director John Hardie of ITV for advertisers to invest into television in Madrid, Spain. Decrease in revenue of the company; Need for advertisers to evaluate media choices; Change in program schedules of the television station.
- UPN forms ad unit. // Electronic Media;9/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p32
States that the UPN company formed an in-house advertiser sales division and appointed Perri Stein as the senior vice president of advertiser sales.
- Looking for the young and restless. Hendrickson, Paula // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, pS16
Discusses the position of UPN and WB Network as the two new broadcast networks in the 1997 prime-time network television upfront market for advertising. The emphasis of the two new networks on younger audiences; The success of the show `Buffy the Vampire Slayer.'
- ITV is paying a heavy price for past arrogance, will it change? Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);10/18/2001, p20
Focuses on the slowdown of ITV advertising revenues in Great Britain. Accounts on the history of ITV arrogance due to the success of ITV advertising in the past years; Explanation for the decline in ITV sales operations; Concern over the negotiation between television companies regarding...
- Advertisers to select show for ITV2. // Marketing Week;5/2/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p12
Reports the offer by ITV television network to advertisers to commission a one-hour entertainment show to be broadcast on ITV2 in Great Britain. Focus on providing advertisers and agencies insight into commissioning; Use of interactive handsets to vote for the idea for conference audience;...
- Cable Braces for Upfront Declines. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;6/26/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
The article presents updates on upfront advertising at TV networks in the U.S. as of June 2006. With the top-rated broadcasters getting very small gains in prices on a cost-per-thousand basis, a cable network executive said one agency would not even register budgets unless the network agreed to...
- Aping Hollywood. Nashawaty, Chris; Murphy, Maggie // Entertainment Weekly;11/22/96, Issue 354, p12
Discusses a television ad for HBO that involves talking monkeys and uses the name of anthropologist Jane Goodall. A synopsis of the ad; The background of the idea; The cultural significance of it.
- MTV's age spots. Mukherjee, Tiarra // Entertainment Weekly;05/03/96, Issue 325, p11
Focuses on the advertisement for Music Television that is a parody of Courtney Love and Madonna. Features of the ad; David LaChapelle, the ads creator; Reaction from Love and Madonna.
- Chris Boothby was encouraged by ITV's autumn schedule, but wished the BBC had a mention. // Campaign (UK);7/5/2002, Issue 26, p10
Examines the business performance of ITV programme in Great Britain. Emphasis on the lack of imagination against old program schedule; Need to show improvements in performance; Concern on ITV's marketing and relationship with viewers.