Haskins Leaves Lifetime
- Lifetime Shows Its Lighter Side. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the focus of television network Lifetime on producing original comedy shows. Overview of Lifetime comedy shows in development; Television shows included in Lifetime programming for 2005.
- NETWORK PROGRAMMERS ON THE HITS, MISSES AND REPEATS. // Advertising Age;8/29/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 35, p10
Interviews four TV network entertainment presidents on their network's upcoming fall season in 2005. Nina Tassler of CBS Entertainment; Kevin Reilly of NBC Entertainment; Peter Liguori of Fox Broadcasting Co.; Stephen McPherson of ABC Entertainment.
- CAN THIS MAN SAVE NBC. MASTERS, KIM // Hollywood Reporter;11/24/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 54, p64
The article reports on programming executives Robert Greenblatt who recently joined the television network NBC. It is stated that one of his great skills is the assessment and handling of talent. It is commented that Greenblatt is a very hot piece of executive talent, having transformed...
- A Lifetime of Drama. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/26/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that JoAnn Alfano, executive vice president (VP) for entertainment in Lifetime, the top-rated women's network put the original TV series "Drop Dead Diva" into production in January 2009. She joined the top-rated network in September 2008. She said the show, which is about a...
- Program Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p3
Announces that season 1 episodes of the TV program "Desperate Housewives" will be aired at Lifetime cable TV network in August 2006.
- CNBC gives viewers head start on headhunting. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Oct98, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p22
Reports that CNBC, the cable network of NBC, has developed a programming segment called `The Today's Business Headhunt.' Schedule; Features of the segment; Factors that prompted the officials of CNBC to develop the segment; Cable network's Web site address.
- Pilots in Holding Pattern. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;1/30/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on the impact of the merger of the United Paramount Network (UPN) and Warner Brothers (WB) to form the CW network in the U.S. News of the merger left most television executives agreeing that one strong network is better than two weaker ones. Dawn Ostroff, chief programmer of...
- Sherman Suits Up. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;8/21/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 33, p23
The article profiles Thom Sherman, executive vice president of Drama Development for The CW. It provides an overview of the educational and career background of Sherman. It mentions the television programs that he worked on. It tells the reason for his decision to join the Drama Development team...
- Kellner Bets on CW. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p4
Presents an interview with television (TV) executive Jamie Kellner regarding the broadcast business. Views on the merger deal between TV networks The WB and CW; Impact of the new TV networks on the advertising industry; Result of the distribution of TV shows on Web sites and cable video-on-demand.