- Curtain going up on Independent Film Channel. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;5/9/94, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p13
Reports on Rainbow Programming Holdings Inc.'s launching of the cable television network The Independent Film Channel (IFC) on September 1, 1994. Parent company Cablevision Systems Corp.'s assistance in cable distribution; Programming; Filmmakers Advisory Board; Renewal or extension of film...
- Rainbow in Canadian music deal. // Adweek Western Edition;5/30/94, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p9
Reports on Rainbow Programming Holdings' import of the Canadian music television service MuchMusic. Partnership with Chum Group Television; Number of subscribers expected to get the service by 1996.
- Tailor-made. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;10/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p16
Reports that Rainbow Programming Holdings Incorporated is expected to launch localized versions of two of its national cable networks, NewSport and MuchMusic. Rainbow's attempt to offer cable operators a package of locally produced and locally customized services; Number of homes the customized...
- Launches hit obstacles. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the cable television network Classic Sports Network's (CSN) opposition to Rainbow Programming Holdings' plan to launch its American Sports Classics, a cable network similar to CSN. CSN's threat of filing a lawsuit against the Rainbow Programming.
- MuchMusic means more music videos. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/94, Vol. 124 Issue 22, p28
Reports that Canadian music video network MuchMusic has struck a deal with Rainbow Programming to distribute the channel in the United States via cable, backyard dishes and direct-broadcast satellite. Launching of MuchMusic by independent Canadian television network Citytv ten years ago.
- Cable TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/30/94, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p8B
Reports on would-be competitors to the MTV Networks cable music channel. Attendance at the National Cable Television Association's May 1994 convention in New Orleans, Louisiana; Rainbow Programming Holdings' plan to import Canadian music television service MuchMusic; Galavision's planned...
- Dolan dampens Rainbow sale rumors. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/29/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 39, p5
The article reports that James Dolan, chief executive of U.S. cable network Cablevision, refused to answer questions about the speculation that Rainbow Media, the parent company of AMC, IF and WE TV, is for sale. Dolan said that the Rainbow channels are earning well, increasing Rainbow's revenue...
- Double vision. Berman, Marc // Adweek New England Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 19, pSR36
Focuses on cable television network spin-offs in the U.S. Reasons behind the expansion efforts of cable networks; Information on the spin-off networks of Discovery Channel; Challenges faced in spinning off cable networks.
- The cablers. Katz, Richard; Stern, Christopher // Variety;04/19/99, Vol. 374 Issue 9, p27
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of April 19, 1999. Includes USA Networks' plan to purchase cable networks Bravo and Independent Film Channel from Cablevision Systems; Decker Anstrom's resignation as president of National Cable Television Association.