Stiff Sentences To Rigases for Massive 'Deceit'
- RIGAS, SON GUILTY. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p1
Reports that John Rigas, owner of Adelphia Communications Corp., and his son Timothy Rigas, former chief financial officer of Adelphia, were found guilty of securities fraud, bank fraud and conspiracy. Reaction of the Rigases to the decision of the jury; Evidence presented by prosecutors...
- Fall of the House of Rigas: A Timeline. // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p59
Details the fraud and conspiracy trial against John Rigas, former founder, chairman and CEO of cable operator Adelphia Communications Corp., and his son Timothy Rigas. Facts of the case; Revelations on the conference call of the company with analysts; Sentences for John and Timothy.
- Jury pulls the plug on cable clan. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 4, p1
Reports that a jury convicted Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and son Timothy on charges of conspiracy and securities fraud in July 2004. Deception of investors about the financial condition of the company before it went into bankruptcy; Acquittal of former Adelphia assistant...
- Attorney says expect Rigas to file some sort of appeal. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;6/23/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 50, p1
Reprints an article on the case of Adelphia Communications Corp. executive John Rigas and son Timothy, who were both convicted of conspiracy, bank fraud and securities fraud charges, which appeared in the online edition of the periodical "Business First." Length of prison sentence imposed on...
- Sins of the Father and a Son. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p12
Provides information on the fraud case of family patriarch John Rigas and his sons Tim and Michael that led to the bankruptcy and collapse of cable operator Adelphia. Charges filed against the father-and-sons team; Decision of the court against John and Tim; Reason behind the exclusion of...
- 15 years for elder Rigas. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;6/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 57, p1
Reports that John Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp., was sentenced to a 15-year prison term for corporate fraud in the U.S. Claim of Rigas that he was only trying to make life better for his family and their company; Prison sentence imposed on his son, Timothy Rigas, for his role...
- Where the Rigases Might Spend Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p32
Provides information on several correctional institutions where John and Timothy Rigas, former executives of Adelphia Communications Corp., will spend time while waiting for their appeal for conviction on fraud and conspiracy charges. McKean County Federal Correctional Institution in Bradford,...
- Rigas Trio Could Face Tax Claims. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p42
Focuses on federal tax evasion charges against Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael in Pennsylvania. Indication on other charges against the Rigases; Information on the arrest of the Rigases; Investigation on the company transactions.
- Feds crack 'personal piggy bank' Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/25/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the arrest of Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael for allegations of fraud in Manhattan, New York City. Charges against the cable executives; Bail for the Rigases; List of specific allegations.